soft and lps beginner corals?

tang559

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are some soft and lps corals that are kind of hardy and beginner friendly?

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leathers (sinularia, toadstool), clove polyps, green star polyp, Kenya tree, zoanthids/palythoas
Lps: Duncan, candy cane/caulastrea, fox coral, leptastrea, blastomussa , favia, and if successful, hammers (more of an intermediate coral)
Avoid starting with: torches/frogspawn, chalices, goniopora/alveopora, any large fleshy lps (can be finicky)

Note that all levels of coral want stability and proper lighting, regardless of care.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leathers (sinularia, toadstool), clove polyps, green star polyp, Kenya tree, zoanthids/palythoas
Lps: Duncan, candy cane/caulastrea, fox coral, if successful, hammers
Avoid: torches/frogspawn, chalices, goniopora/alveopora
All of the above plus mushrooms! Discosomas are usually relatively inexpensive :)

Pale Morning1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue and green sympodium, Hollywood chalice and galexea have all been in my tank for over a year and flourished. My first time having reef tank so the fact that they are still alive speaks for their durability.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lps: Duncan, candy cane/caulastrea, fox coral, leptastrea, blastomussa , favia, and if successful, hammers (more of an intermediate coral)
Avoid starting with: torches/frogspawn, chalices, goniopora/alveopora, any large fleshy lps (can be finicky)

Note that all levels of coral want stability and proper lighting, regardless of care.
I would put the gsp Xenia on their own rock. Once they get going they can take over the scape.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back