Soft coral help

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

aerialdronemaster

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2020
Messages
266
Reaction score
72
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I just noticed that part of this coral is attached to the rock and the bottom part is stretching and looks bad
I tried to remove it from the rock , but the coral is super soft and it is really stuck to the rock
What to do now

20200823_114842.jpg 20200823_114837.jpg
 
It looks to me like it's trying to grow to the adjacent rock. It will stretch and reach to spread it's territory.
 
ok, so no extra action needed? it is one of my first corals, and it grows , so I dont want to lose it

thank you
 
It looks like a "xenia". I have some xenia and it will stretch and grow, attach itself to other surfaces. So much so, you may wish you didn't have it someday. No action required.

The xenia I have has to be weeded on a regular basis. Otherwise it will take over a tank. Many reefers consider it a weed. I keep it and prune it and have no problem with it. It was my first coral as well.
 
It will take care of it on its own-like the others said it will expand and then eventually break down that small spot where it’s already stretching.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new