Soft tank reefer 350 planning

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colt will have very nice swaying movement. Will double in size over the year. You can frag easily to thin out. Sinularia also has nice movement. Doesn't spread like the colt but grows. Finger leather is rather still and won't sway. None of these spread like xenia. All three are in the FTS I posted.

Grsfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
here is my tank. I have everything that you mentioned that you want to get in this tank. You have to think about how the coral is going to grow to decide where you want to put it. Definitely keep things like green star polyps on their own rock or I have mine just growing on the sand. Also some zoas grow a lot faster than others and can take over a rock so research which zoas you get. Some of the leathers like toadstool corals will get really big and can shade the corals below them so you need to take that into consideration
E4988852-5775-42EB-BFD0-7CB6426A1F4A.jpeg

OP
OP
helwrj28

helwrj28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is my tank. I have everything that you mentioned that you want to get in this tank. You have to think about how the coral is going to grow to decide where you want to put it. Definitely keep things like green star polyps on their own rock or I have mine just growing on the sand. Also some zoas grow a lot faster than others and can take over a rock so research which zoas you get. Some of the leathers like toadstool corals will get really big and can shade the corals below them so you need to take that into consideration
E4988852-5775-42EB-BFD0-7CB6426A1F4A.jpeg
Love your tank! And appreciate the advice, yeah now that I've researched a bit more, I'm planning a toadstool and a few leathers to sit in the tops of my main structures, and I'll plan on lower light coral like mushrooms below them, and then an island for GSP and some zoas

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back