Votes: 67 60.4%

• Total voters

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone know of any good black box LED's that are programmable? I have two Radion xr15's in my shopping cart, but if i could save on these lights i wouldnt mind it. I like the black boxes as they do me great right now, im just getting lazy turning on and off and adjusting all the time.
@dantimdad will be of great help here!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have SB Reef Lights with WiFi and I love them. I have the 16” SBox Extreme. Fully programmable with three channels. The WiFi version is around $260. The same light is available with just an on off switch for about $130.

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sbreeflights have timers and viparspectra have ramps

The viparspectra just had really good par readings in the black box study thread.
Seeing that they both got a bit more expensive than i remember, am i better off spending the extra $100 for radions? or maybe aqua illuminations Prime HD?

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im jealous of your Toadstool! So BIG! I can confirm the SB Reef lights. I have 2-16" sBox Pros (Timer). They work great. There is a thread here with an study on many Black boxes. Take a look there.
thank you! its a fun coral to look at!

U

User1

View Badges
well, you see i may have just been a little drunk and spilled some jameson in the tank... :p

Good thing it was only Jameson - if it was a Spot you would lose points (although fishies maybe happy) :) On a more serious note if you haven't tried any of the Spot whiskies I suggest you give it a try. I also had a good time when I was at the Jameson distillery my last time in Ireland.

upload_2019-1-15_8-21-54.png

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thing it was only Jameson - if it was a Spot you would lose points (although fishies maybe happy) :) On a more serious note if you haven't tried any of the Spot whiskies I suggest you give it a try. I also had a good time when I was at the Jameson distillery my last time in Ireland.

upload_2019-1-15_8-21-54.png
will do, For now my favorite is Monkey Shoulder, its pretty smooth. Tried proper twelve, its decent.

U

User1

View Badges
Speaking of the Gyre's - I changed mine around yesterday with the forward and reverse paddles. I walked by the room that the tank is located in and noticed it was splashing water out of the tank. It seems the position of the cage is pretty critical and the original dots used to line up initially put them in a odd position for reverse. I have a love / hate relationship with the Gyres and also considering going a different route.

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of the Gyre's - I changed mine around yesterday with the forward and reverse paddles. I walked by the room that the tank is located in and noticed it was splashing water out of the tank. It seems the position of the cage is pretty critical and the original dots used to line up initially put them in a odd position for reverse. I have a love / hate relationship with the Gyres and also considering going a different route.
Im on the same boat. Thinking of just getting some mp40's and calling it a day.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back