20190627_075306.jpg

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oooo, wanna send me one? I WANT!
Sure, $500 worth of yellow leathers.LOL. I only buy wholesale $500 minimum order. Next time i go, sure. I think they let me do drop shipping? No warranty, because i go in person and choose. Bummer.

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, $500 worth of yellow leathers.LOL. I only buy wholesale $500 minimum order. Next time i go, sure. I think they let me do drop shipping? No warranty, because i go in person and choose. Bummer.
oof, $500 is hurting me :( Its ok, ill end up finding one somewhere.

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Update!

Tomorrow is a big day for the tank...
The whole aquascape is getting redone, as well as the corals are moving around in the tank.
The tank is also getting a full 75% water change, followed by a 25% water change two days after. Reason being I am going to be changing my reefing method. Triton Method was good while is lasted but it just isnt doing me justice, im not getting the growth i would like with it.

I need advice on which dosing method i should switch to. In the meantime the tank will get weekly water changes of 25% until i can figure out which method will work best.

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still pushing mainly softies?

2 part! I think you can run any tank with 2 part. The more different things you dose the easier it is for things to get skewed imo. Obvs at some point a CaRx is usually the best move.
still mainly softies.. Tank is more leather and gorgonian basd, which 2 part would you recommend?

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still pushing mainly softies?

2 part! I think you can run any tank with 2 part. The more different things you dose the easier it is for things to get skewed imo. Obvs at some point a CaRx is usually the best move.
still mainly softies.. Tank is more leather and gorgonian basd, which 2 part would you recommend?

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i recommend either BRS or the homebrew from RHF. Also it seems like it would work best to use the better pumps provided from BRS, or a similar brand vs a dos or GHL.

Does that mean I wouldn't like a dos or a GHL doser? Of course not! The days of APEX and GHL being in my reef tank budget is about 6 years away. I imagine I will need to be clearing 6 figures before my CFP wife lets me buy anything that expensive for my fish tanks haha.

I am going to use a Jebao 4 way doser on my build. If you want to wait a couple more months I can give you a more detailed write up on it. I have found one video in particular that says the heads may be on wrong from the factory in some cases.. I have that link in my sig if you are curious. Once I am ready to set it up, I will watch it again, listen once more to the logic, and proceed on my own opinion from there.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i recommend either BRS or the homebrew from RHF. Also it seems like it would work best to use the better pumps provided from BRS, or a similar brand vs a dos or GHL.

Does that mean I wouldn't like a dos or a GHL doser? Of course not! The days of APEX and GHL being in my reef tank budget is about 6 years away. I imagine I will need to be clearing 6 figures before my CFP wife lets me buy anything that expensive for my fish tanks haha.

I am going to use a Jebao 4 way doser on my build. If you want to wait a couple more months I can give you a more detailed write up on it. I have found one video in particular that says the heads may be on wrong from the factory in some cases.. I have that link in my sig if you are curious. Once I am ready to set it up, I will watch it again, listen once more to the logic, and proceed on my own opinion from there.

2017 I returned to reef keeping. Started with simple doser (china,ebay). Wish I started with Jebao 4 doser first. Would save alot money. Just picked up Jebao 5 doser, using Jebao 4 doser on different DT. Easy to program, utube.

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People knock Jebao, but my 2 doser always did what I asked it to do (even if I was sometimes wrong, LOL).
i liked it too, the problem was that it ended up messing up and completely destroyed my tank at one point. So.. ill dose by hand, but it being a softie tank, dont know if ill actually ever have to dose much. Thats until i get lps crazy (which i probably wont unless i get more torches and frogspawn)

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So since the 80% Water change, here is my water quality:
Temp: 77.9
SG: 1.025
pH: 8.0
Alk: 10.1
Calcium: 470
Mag: 1320
Nitrate: 5

Since the water change yesterday, i am seeing things way more happy than they were prior the water change.

Anemone is bubbling up, the Finger leather is shedding correctly, Gorgonians are finally having full polyp extension compared to prior water change where they came out about 1/2 way. Zoanthids are the same. Kenya tree is still in stress, probably because i have it in a high flow area, itll get used to it. the Mushrooms have already duplicated, i now have total of 8 purple/green mushrooms, 4 head ricordia, the red shrooms have created 2 babies. Xenia is still p/o'd, Nepthia might have to move, not sure if it likes the area, ill give it a week

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back