Solar Wrasse

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,877
Reaction score
122,560
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am thinking of adding a solar wrasse to my 120g. What do you guys know about them and would this be a good addition. The new tank is fishless at the moment.

Thanks.
 
aka Clown Fairy wrasse?

if so, just make sure the tank is covered because they'll find a way to get out... definitely a nice addition... it'll be awesome if you're able to acquire a pair.. :)
 
I had one for over a year. It was a beautiful one. I lost it when I moved it over to my rimless frag tank earlier this year.
 
Well my lfs got a pair in for me. $100 for the pair. Not to bad huh. Anyway how can I tell if they are a pair, male or female, or will the change like clowns?
 
WOW!!! A pair is AWESOME! I wish I had a pair of them. God luck and keep that tank covered!
 
i had some really nice pics of my female solorensis but i can not find them now..i will do some looking for you on the females..that is one of my favorite fairy wrasses good luck with yours
 
hmmm interesting, theres a Halichoeres solorensis and a Cirrhilabrus solorensis
if you like wrasses you should deffinately get the bookFairy and Rainbow Wrasses and their Relatives by Rudie Kuiter
i think its one of the best wrasse books out there, with multiple pics of different color variations and colors of different sexes
the demale looks like the male but instead of green its orange
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new