• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SOLD

Oceanboys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The term “fused” and “grafted” have two different meanings, fused just means combined; and grafted means actually infused proteins.

sabz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I bought something very similar to this from AquaSD, 3 years ago for 80 bucks, if I remember correctly. They had a huge selection of them. Unfortunately, torch didn't survive because of how new the tank was back then. It's crazy how people take advantage of others in this hobby...its a shame but I guess its just how some people like to make money.

OP
OP
CoralAddict645

CoralAddict645

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
lol I bought something very similar to this from AquaSD, 3 years ago for 80 bucks, if I remember correctly. They had a huge selection of them. Unfortunately, torch didn't survive because of how new the tank was back then. It's crazy how people take advantage of others in this hobby...its a shame but I guess its just how some people like to make money.
Just paid 3k for 3 heads of 24k holy grail. You don’t see me complaining that to the seller. FYI hg was only $150 a head 3 years ago. If you think it’s expensive or you can’t afford it, just move on nobody is forcing you to buy it

MODS please close the thread. Buyer has picked up the torch and is very happy with it

Last edited:

sabz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not capitalism, it's a self-inflicted wound! The higher you sell the higher you have to buy as well because of the inflated prices that you created yourself! But let's look at it from a beginner's point of view or somebody that's just about to get in the hobby, paying $750 for a torch when it was 85 bucks a couple years back is not his fault! It's the fault of that original greedy business owner that started to hike the price up for his own profit. So the side effects of this capitalism as you put it is, higher prices for yourself and limiting the new hobby is just joining the hobby and trying to enjoy a moment alone with their tank away from the realities of today's outside of the house problems

OP
OP
CoralAddict645

CoralAddict645

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's not capitalism, it's a self-inflicted wound! The higher you sell the higher you have to buy as well because of the inflated prices that you created yourself! But let's look at it from a beginner's point of view or somebody that's just about to get in the hobby, paying $750 for a torch when it was 85 bucks a couple years back is not his fault! It's the fault of that original greedy business owner that started to hike the price up for his own profit. So the side effects of this capitalism as you put it is, higher prices for yourself and limiting the new hobby is just joining the hobby and trying to enjoy a moment alone with their tank away from the realities of today's outside of the house problems
Not every coral is gonna cost you $750 (I Actually sold my torch for $600 locally, since I dont have to pay for shipping and insurance). Anyways There are still tons of other beginner corals for under $50 including torches. Also comparing prices from 3 years ago doesn’t make any sense

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not smart enough or knowledgeable enough about corals to know whether this is a swindle or not, but markets are markets - supply and demand. If what the OP did was easily replicable, I would imagine supply for something like this would increase, thus decreasing price. Sounds like most of the haters on here think it's easy to replicate, or they just don't like it... One man's trash is another man's treasure. If it was indeed a swindle and/or incorrectly marketed (grafted/fused), the market will sniff it out quickly, and one of two things will happen: a) no one else will be left to be swindled or b) the market will be saturated with this product and price will decline. Let capitalism and markets run their course. And if you think the product was misrepresented... are you really going to feel bad for the person who dropped $750 on something they didn't understand?

sabz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my last comment and honestly it is what it is... But to answer your question, of course I feel bad. For 2 reasons, one the fact that someone paid way too much for something that wasn't worth it, I don't know call me human... Crazy I know... 2, because that sale will set a comp which will cause the next over priced item feel easier to justify. At the end it's the consumer that will be affected the most, not the business owner. The business owner will make the money and move on to the next item but the customer did not buy the item for the purpose of resale or to make money of it... It was just to enjoy it late night after work, after kids are sleep and most importantly of them all, the wife is sleep lol

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my last comment and honestly it is what it is... But to answer your question, of course I feel bad. For 2 reasons, one the fact that someone paid way too much for something that wasn't worth it, I don't know call me human... Crazy I know... 2, because that sale will set a comp which will cause the next over priced item feel easier to justify. At the end it's the consumer that will be affected the most, not the business owner. The business owner will make the money and move on to the next item but the customer did not buy the item for the purpose of resale or to make money of it... It was just to enjoy it late night after work, after kids are sleep and most importantly of them all, the wife is sleep lol
ha I hear you... but isn't this capitalism? why is your view on the price more correct than the buyers?

cburto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s just crazy talk! No one got taken advantage of! If you don’t like the deal or price you walk away and don’t buy. If you want it and decide to purchase then it must be worth it to you. One mans deal is another mans no go. That’s why Baskin Robbins has so many flavors )

Fourstars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[/QUOTE]
must get expensive when you can’t keep a simple torch alive.

Last edited:

d_reeder1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not every coral is gonna cost you $750 (I Actually sold my torch for $600 locally, since I dont have to pay for shipping and insurance). Anyways There are still tons of other beginner corals for under $50 including torches. Also comparing prices from 3 years ago doesn’t make any sense
Are you In Texas

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back