Solis 220 build thread. My wife got me a new tank

Solis Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello every one. I been in the hobby since 1989 I even had a chanse to own my own aquarium store in the early 90 got out of hobby in 2000. After moving to FL in 2010 I decided to get back in but wow how everything had change had to learn so much LED, refugium, reactors and much more. After setting up a 150 had it running for a few years everything was going great until I had to move to my new home with my new wife and the addition of two new babies to the family. the tank got a little neglected but all the corals and fish were doing good. We decided to take a little vacation and my Morton clown decided to star laying eggs and the female when crazy kill all my fish except my powder blue tang and a small green cromis. By the time I came back the tank was doing bad all the corals were dead and I had only tre fish left she even killed my pair of blue throat triger fish. So I decided to give up and rebuild some time in the future when my boys get a little older. So I started taking down the tank I had my share of problems with the tank. It wa not drill the stand was to low I wasn’t happy with my power heads. I was done. My wife tried to get me to rebuild the tank but I essentially happy with the tank. A few days latter she send me a text with a picture saying I got you a new tank pick it up on your way home. That’s how this new build got started.

OP
OP
Solis Reef

Solis Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7F60889D-5166-48A5-B98F-B3027EF1B55C.jpeg
The new tank

OP
OP
Solis Reef

Solis Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Th
Our wives frequently know more about us than we'd like to think. Mine threatened to divorce me if I got out of the hobby once lol! They know how much we enjoy it. Looking forward to the build!
That they do. I spend a lot of time looking at my tank with my two boys and they love the tank and they love helping me work on it.

OP
OP
Solis Reef

Solis Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the material to build the stand was free. I only spend the money on the screw

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back