Solorensis in Acclimation box. Pink Margin charging

Been Caught Reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought my new Solorensis wrasse out of QT and he’s in an acclimation box. My Pink Margin wrasse is not feeling it. Very intent on the box and charging.

I know all fish are different. But should I be overly concerned with this aggressive behavior of the Pink Margin wrasse? Plan on leaving him in acclimation box for at least 3 days and monitor. But curious on others experience with this aggressive behavior while in acclimation box. Hoping the 3+ days separation will calm this dude down!

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought my new Solorensis wrasse out of QT and he’s in an acclimation box. My Pink Margin wrasse is not feeling it. Very intent on the box and charging.

I know all fish are different. But should I be overly concerned with this aggressive behavior of the Pink Margin wrasse? Plan on leaving him in acclimation box for at least 3 days and monitor. But curious on others experience with this aggressive behavior while in acclimation box. Hoping the 3+ days separation will calm this dude down!
Definitely separate and most likely they will calm down when in the tank and have places to go. If you have places in the box to let them hide too it would help.

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the response! There is a small coffee cup in there. Fingers crossed!
If you have some 1" pvc laying around, drop in some 3" long pieces....you can even make pyramids with multiple pieces all cut same length and glue them together in blocks or triangles etc......the more coverage the better. Fish that can see each other all the time settle down.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You have two wrasses known for being relatively aggressive so I’m not surprised that they’re not getting along. You may find that they just won’t get along in the long run. As said above, hiding spots and time may help lower aggression however this is likely just a pair of wrasses that won’t work.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back