Solutions for Vacuuming Detritus from Sand

Printed Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,

I am looking for a solution with vacuuming detritus with my MJ 1200. I am constantly getting it clogged up with sand and debris whenever I try vacuuming my sump or sand bed. I have tried the Python sand cleaner , however I did not like the way it worked and I do not want to be getting rid of the water in my tank. I was thinking about 3D printing a vacuum extension that has a sort of grill on it to prevent sand from clogging the motor. Similar to the one I have attached on this post.

What do you guys do when it comes to cleaning the detritus from your sand bed or sump?

-Tom
PrintedReef.com

pumpattachment.jpg

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,

I am looking for a solution with vacuuming detritus with my MJ 1200. I am constantly getting it clogged up with sand and debris whenever I try vacuuming my sump or sand bed. I have tried the Python sand cleaner , however I did not like the way it worked and I do not want to be getting rid of the water in my tank. I was thinking about 3D printing a vacuum extension that has a sort of grill on it to prevent sand from clogging the motor. Similar to the one I have attached on this post.

What do you guys do when it comes to cleaning the detritus from your sand bed or sump?

-Tom
PrintedReef.com

pumpattachment.jpg
Use a python or your printed solution and and syphon into filter sock in sump or a filter sock in a bucket so you dont lose your tank water.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back