Some assistance with ATO/AWC setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I cant figure out how to get this working. I have a 2 sensor setup with a mechanical float switch on top and an optical switch on bottom. Set up the two sensors on the ATO/AWC functionality on ghl control center. Assigned the float switch as sensor 1 and the optical as sensor 2.

I have a pump for drain water, and separate ones for each of ATO and AWC. I have the ATO working perfectly but cant get the AWC part to work. It will drain water no problem but the water goes on down past the optical sensor (mounted horizontally) with no effect - it does not cause the AWC fill pump to turn on. Tried another optical switch there just to make sure it wasnt just a faulty switch with same outcome.

Cant figure it out for the life of me!

OP
OP
F

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, i followed that guide when setting it up, that's why i don't understand what is going wrong here. Of course, the guide is written for GHL Connect but I am unable to get GHL connect to ... well, connect reliably! So i have to do it in control center. Any similar guide for control center or any reason to believe it might be different somehow?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search our YT channel and you'll find the GCC version:

OP
OP
F

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that was useful but still didnt work. Ultimately I did end up fixing it - by simply unplugging all the sensors and the y cable and plugging them all back in. Weird but the unit had ceased to recognize the second float switch plugged into the y cable.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, i followed that guide when setting it up, that's why i don't understand what is going wrong here. Of course, the guide is written for GHL Connect but I am unable to get GHL connect to ... well, connect reliably! So i have to do it in control center. Any similar guide for control center or any reason to believe it might be different somehow?
GHL was very confusing for me and hooking it all up to my PC!! That's why I sold my GHL controller and GHL Dosing pump and bought an Apex & a DOS since they are much easier to work with in my personal opinion. Plus, I am a MAC GUY which GHL does not support :(

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back