Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good !!!
Thanks Garry

Here's the flaming sunrise I got.
DOA
20200816_095646.jpg

Same with captain cozier. I may be begging you to send me a frag soon.

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how is BF and JMJ doing?
I ended up losing brain frost shortly after I sent you yours. That pc is why I just said forget it and pulled my skimmer out.

Jumanji is finally staring to encrust. When I had it the first time, it started taking off.

My skimmer killed so much.

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up losing brain frost shortly after I sent you yours. That pc is why I just said forget it and pulled my skimmer out.

Jumanji is finally staring to encrust. When I had it the first time, it started taking off.

My skimmer killed so much.
What happened with the skimmer? Drove nutrients too low?

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the chalice in the last pic? Looks similar to my CK confetti chalice
Looks different from pics I've looked up. This one is a blue body glowing red mouths. When feed mouths open up really big and 1-1.5" tentacles of glowing red pop out. With that rim all the way around.
IMG_5539.jpg

The pic Tony took when he received his.

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you find a solution to your problem. Capitain is doing fine in my tank. Hopefully in 4-5 months I can frag it.
Regarding loosing a corals... it happens, this is a hobby we choose

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened with the skimmer? Drove nutrients too low?

Just feel it took all the good stuff I put in the water out. I've been wanting to pull off since my last tank. Talk to some frontier buddies who grew stags out of the water. They talk about the skimmer like a scary thing. Like,"A skimmer?!! Those thing that steal all your nutrients?"

My first tank that grew sps like crazy. And everything else, I set up with very little knowledge. I didnt even know people thought of a skimmer as a must. I knew what salinity was supposed to be at. That was about it. I dumped food for corals in every morning before work. I'd come home at night dump in fresh water a few gallons. And dump in Bionic till corals looked happy. All I know is after I started getting info and trying to make a good system better. I failed. Ever since I've started using skimmers I've been wondering what's wrong.

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just feel it took all the good stuff I put in the water out. I've been wanting to pull off since my last tank. Talk to some frontier buddies who grew stags out of the water. They talk about the skimmer like a scary thing. Like,"A skimmer?!! Those thing that steal all your nutrients?"

My first tank that grew sps like crazy. And everything else, I set up with very little knowledge. I didnt even know people thought of a skimmer as a must. I knew what salinity was supposed to be at. That was about it. I dumped food for corals in every morning before work. I'd come home at night dump in fresh water a few gallons. And dump in Bionic till corals looked happy. All I know is after I started getting info and trying to make a good system better. I failed. Ever since I've started using skimmers I've been wondering what's wrong.
I only run my skimmer half the day because otherwise my nutrients go to low. Were you running any icp tests during this time?

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only run my skimmer half the day because otherwise my nutrients go to low. Were you running any icp tests during this time?
No. I kinda like the challenge. Plus when I start chasing numbers, I mess everything up.

Probably the number one important thing I do is pray for the tank and for guidance to help it thrive.

Hagios

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

First. So sorry for such huge losses. Those were some especially nice pieces that looked like they were getting ready to explode.

Second. Just a couple questions.
#1 When you were running the skimmer was it just the SPS or just specific one's that were affected?
#2 Do you think the skimmer may be over sized considering the relative bio-load and volume?

Reason why I ask is...it that I had a situation a few months ago where I had no choice but to clean my Vertex to the nitty gritty because it simply would not come back on. It took over a week to get it broke in again before it started skimming normally again. That first week the SPS looked great, some even better than before. By weeks 2 to 4 many had begun to turn dark...not brown...dark, especially the tables. They were turning dark and the polyp extension was becoming less and less.

Once the skimmer started operating as designed the SPS started looking great again with a couple of exceptions. The TSA Fruit Loops, PC Superman and a Corn Bred table were hit the hardest. Color is still off, but slowly coming back.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back