Some kind of brown algae

Joe Batt

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
495
Reaction score
284
Location
Dubai
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I restarted my tank around 6 months ago and it is going well. Nice and stable, corals all growing well including SPS. No3 2-3 Po4 0.06, ICP all good ( except tin is a little high) NDoc all good.

I have however, got this annoying brown fuzzy algae on just the rocks and the rear overflow box. It isn’t in long strings like GHA it is more or a short fuzz or like short grass. The sand is clear.

It scrubs off easily but is just unsightly, it doesn’t bother the corals or fish.

Any ideas?
92D2F5B6-B856-4B24-B96E-16EC72E216FE.jpeg
0AD07098-84DF-4C7D-9407-12BA2D3878F4.jpeg
 
Think you could be right. They say its a type of Cyano, I wonder if ChemiClean will work on it in that case
 
Reading that ChemiClean doesn’t work on Lyngbya but that Fluconizal does. Any ideas on dosage per 100g?
 
Reading that ChemiClean doesn’t work on Lyngbya but that Fluconizal does. Any ideas on dosage per 100g?
I forget , 10mg per gal I belive.
Reflux hd has the dosage and is fluconazole
 
I have the same stuff on some rocks on the left side of my tank. I am going through a cyano ordeal at the moment so it makes sense being a form of cyano..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new