OP
OP
CRABDADDY

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are looking a little better today. The torch completely bailed out and died, as did my octospawn. Luckily my frogspawn made a complete recovery. Mostly everything else looks about the same as before. The water is still very cloudy. Here's a pic of the damage to my trachy. I'm not sure if it's done losing tissue, but yesterday it was slightly puffed up and the mouth seems more closed than it was before.
PXL_20210520_172035488.MP.jpg
I'm feeling that I've seen the worst of whatever this issue was. Things started to rebound when I put a new bag of carbon in the overflow. I'm not sure if that was the reason, or if it was coincidental. I can imagine there was probably a lot of toxins in the water with all the corals being stressed/dying.

These losses are a big setback for me, but also a lesson learned about patience. It really didn't pay to load up my tank with nice corals so early. I don't think I'll be adding anything else for at least a few months. Thanks to everyone that helped me through this!

Side note: I used a syringe to remove some of the dead polyps my torch scattered around the tank and they smelled BAD. I would recommend anyone remove that sort of thing rather than letting it break down in their tank. Thought I'd mention it because I'd never heard that tip before. I can't imagine it's good to leave that in there, especially in a smaller system like mine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back