Some more Triton Eye Candy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

As we ramp up for launch, and get more content ready for this forum and the Triton web site, we know it's always fun to look at pics of corals and tanks. Here are a few pics of livestock grown under the Triton "method" for you to check out. Basically, eye candy for today! Watch for the first content rolling out in the next few days!

triton-green-acro-hybrid.jpg

A "hybrid" Acropora multiacuta in shows rich, even color throughout the skeleton, thanks to proper trace element levels.

triton-milka.jpg

A "Milka" Stylophora displays terrific growth tips characteristic of the morph when it's needs are met!

IMG_3015.jpg

Thick, robust Acropora skeleton, polyp extension, and morphology is the norm in Triton reef systems.

gigas-clam-triton.jpg

A close up of "The Mother of all Gigas Clams" from Ehsan Dashti's reef. This think must be two feet across, grown out on the Triton "method."

IMG_2945.jpg

Lovely, lush coral growth will hopefully be the norm in many reefs that utilize Triton's analysis and "method."

Look, we realize showing a few pics of some nice corals is not enough to make you drop what you're doing now and try Triton's test and methods. However, we think that a picture can truly speak a thousand words! We'll start examining Triton in a little more detail in the next posts, and delve into some of the finer points of their "method.", so that you can decide for your self if Triton is for you...We think that you will!

Regards,

Scott and Joe
Triton US

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful!

Sn4k33Y3z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious about your thoughts as I was discussing this method with a LFS owner. He brought up some great points. The average hobbyists will hardly test for AlK, Cal, mag, etc. As a owner, he compared this to Thrive. He didn't he feel as though the hobby will embrace this enough to product he would carry. Also, a ten day turn around for test results is a long time don't you think?

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious about your thoughts as I was discussing this method with a LFS owner. He brought up some great points. The average hobbyists will hardly test for AlK, Cal, mag, etc. As a owner, he compared this to Thrive. He didn't he feel as though the hobby will embrace this enough to product he would carry. Also, a ten day turn around for test results is a long time don't you think?

Excellent questions and points.

While Triton offers some really detailed analysis of trace elements, it's not designed to replace basic tests for Alk, Ph, Nitrate, etc. It's designed to provide a very precise hobby-level measurement of 32 trace elements. I'm not all that familiar with Thrive's program, but this is a fundamentally different approach to water analysis than has been previously offered on a large safe to the hobby. I agree with your dealer that Triton may not be for everyone, as it is at a pretty detailed level that some hobbyists just may not be interested in. On the other hand, the tests are a valuable tool that can be used to create a more precise environmental replication. On the other hand, we spend lots of money, year in and year out as reefers, dosing various trace element solutions and such, with no real way to measure their effectiveness, or even their concentration in our systems. Now, we have a tool that can tell us these things and help eliminate guesswork and the added expense of purchasing stuff that may not even be necessary.

The ten day turnaround is definitely slower than everyone would like, but it is actually a fairly quick turnaround time for an analysis of this type. Remember, this is not for your "daily" parameters; rather, it's for monitoring trace elements and their impact on your reef. And, Triton has expressed interest in setting up a test facility in Southern California for the US market, which is something that will be reviewed once sales get underway.

Thanks again!

Scott

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Scott, I pmd you, bro!

Sn4k33Y3z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

It would be invaluable to offer some type of before and after Triton method success. Being that it's from Germany and has been used there, can they share any data, photo's, but MOST IMPORTANTLY impact of using this method?

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

It would be invaluable to offer some type of before and after Triton method success. Being that it's from Germany and has been used there, can they share any data, photo's, but MOST IMPORTANTLY impact of using this method?

I love the idea- and that's why Joe and I are going to document the conversion/set up of two of the 500 gallon display tanks in our showroom to Triton "method" systems. We want to show first hand how it works, with full transparency, so that reefers can make up their own minds. I have asked Triton to share some user results from Europe (Germany and the UK, in particular, where it's quite popular) with hobbyists here- stay tuned!

-Scott

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
MORE EYE-CANDY!!! PLEEEZZ!!! :D :D :becky:

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!! That clam in the middle of the tank is absolutely amazing!!!

It's massive...Somewhere, we have an iPhone video of the clam spraying Joe when we were taking pictures during our visit last month..was really funny! I'll try to find it!

-Scott

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the test results a guide would also be provided with what to add in your tank and how much to add and then how often would the test would have to be done since things changes constantly with a growing reef..?

Mgoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really interesting. Following. I would love to know more about this method!!!

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing something right, that's for sure. Roll more of the eye candy por favor.

Marta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our tanks are at our place of business, so I would have much more time than most to do additional testing, etc. Very interested in learning more.

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of note is that credit for the overall consistant coral coloration should be shared by the 'Lani' LED lighting system above this tank. By covering the majorinty of the surface with many more, but less powerful emitters, light coverage is more consistent across the entire tank.

I use a DIY LED system that uses a similar concept, albeit on a much smaller scale, and I can attest to how effective it is.

Ralph.

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of note is that credit for the overall consistant coral coloration should be shared by the 'Lani' LED lighting system above this tank. By covering the majorinty of the surface with many more, but less powerful emitters, light coverage is more consistent across the entire tank.

I use a DIY LED system that uses a similar concept, albeit on a much smaller scale, and I can attest to how effective it is.

Ralph.

Excellent point..and the Lani light is AMAZING...coverage and PAR were outstanding...My personal favorite LED light of any that I have seen yet.

-Scott

Back