OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I should have paid for the privilege of viewing your thread. Truly a top notch tank!

Thank you Keith and to everyone else for the kind words! Keith, I have the RR Orange Passion. I can only hope to have a coral as nice as your avatar. Wow!

ReefHero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great James!! The color on that yellow efflo is just insane!!

Can't wait to see the RR OP! :)

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey James, how about an update :). I saw in another thread that your no longer running full zeo. Can you share your thoughts on why and where you have gone to dosing wise?

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey James, how about an update :). I saw in another thread that your no longer running full zeo. Can you share your thoughts on why and where you have gone to dosing wise?

Hi Brett,

Quite a bit has changed in the tank and in life. As you mentioned, the tank is no longer full zeo. I still dose the start3 and some of the additives, but have moved away from using the stones. The reason... the career consumes all of my time. When I first started the tank several years ago, it was meant to be temporary until I could purchase a new home. Unfortunately, I went through a couple (involuntary) job transitions and never had the chance to purchase a new home (and new tank). Fortunately, the past couple of years have been very good to me... I secured a management position with a large Silicon Valley company (you'll see where this comes into play) and was recently added to the Senior Leadership Team of our sales organization (most junior member). I've begun to look at building my new home and a new (lower maintenance) tank. Even though I work from home all but one day a month, I still do not have the time to focus on the constant dosing a zeo tank requires. This also means my new tank may not be built with any fragging in mind. I really want to get back to why I started a reef tank... my own personal enjoyment. Over the next couple of months, my coral collection will be reduced to what I want to slowly transition to the new tank. The current tank will remain running while the new tank is built. The new tank will be acrylic and built on site in wall. Now here is where Silicon Valley (San Jose/SF Bay Area) comes into play... I will be relocating to the area and do not know when this will happen. It will not happen anytime in the immediate future, but it will eventually happen.

So, with all of that said... I do plan on creating a revised tank thread to show all of my old pics and progression over time. I know most of my pics were deleted when I cleaned up my photobucket account. I'll focus on getting this thread up around August/September (end of our fiscal year). I'll also focus on documenting all of my learned lessons while the tank was up.

Stay Tuned!
James

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Brett,

Quite a bit has changed in the tank and in life. As you mentioned, the tank is no longer full zeo. I still dose the start3 and some of the additives, but have moved away from using the stones. The reason... the career consumes all of my time. When I first started the tank several years ago, it was meant to be temporary until I could purchase a new home. Unfortunately, I went through a couple (involuntary) job transitions and never had the chance to purchase a new home (and new tank). Fortunately, the past couple of years have been very good to me... I secured a management position with a large Silicon Valley company (you'll see where this comes into play) and was recently added to the Senior Leadership Team of our sales organization (most junior member). I've begun to look at building my new home and a new (lower maintenance) tank. Even though I work from home all but one day a month, I still do not have the time to focus on the constant dosing a zeo tank requires. This also means my new tank may not be built with any fragging in mind. I really want to get back to why I started a reef tank... my own personal enjoyment. Over the next couple of months, my coral collection will be reduced to what I want to slowly transition to the new tank. The current tank will remain running while the new tank is built. The new tank will be acrylic and built on site in wall. Now here is where Silicon Valley (San Jose/SF Bay Area) comes into play... I will be relocating to the area and do not know when this will happen. It will not happen anytime in the immediate future, but it will eventually happen.

So, with all of that said... I do plan on creating a revised tank thread to show all of my old pics and progression over time. I know most of my pics were deleted when I cleaned up my photobucket account. I'll focus on getting this thread up around August/September (end of our fiscal year). I'll also focus on documenting all of my learned lessons while the tank was up.

Stay Tuned!
James

Congrats on the promotion and I look forward to the new tank!

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James,

Congrats on the job and the promotion. Sorry to hear about the tank coming down, but can't wait to see what the next tank has in store for you. If you achieve half as much with the next one as you have accomplished with your current tank it will be nothing short of stunning.

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James,

Congrats on the job and the promotion. Sorry to hear about the tank coming down, but can't wait to see what the next tank has in store for you. If you achieve half as much with the next one as you have accomplished with your current tank it will be nothing short of stunning.

Thank you, Calvin. Although sad to be winding down, I am looking forward to having a natural looking tank again :) Definitely going with sand and rock this time around!

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with your new adventures and your new tank. Thanks for all your advise you have given me.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck, I will certainly be looking forward to the new build!

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James, good to see you're still around. After the thread on RC went sorta dead I thought maybe you left the hobby. Please come back to this thread and place a link when you start your new tank. :D

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey James Nick here, if your looking for a place to store some frags I have my 560 going up soon.... :) congrats on promotion bro best of luck to ya!

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck, I will certainly be looking forward to the new build!
Thanks, Rob! I am really looking forward to it as well :bigsmile:

James, good to see you're still around. After the thread on RC went sorta dead I thought maybe you left the hobby. Please come back to this thread and place a link when you start your new tank. :D
You got it Sahin. This time around, I will be go with a more natural look.:wink:

James

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you are still in it, you gave me some tips about zeo a bit back on RC.

markalot

Comic Relief
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm having trouble seeing a lot of your newer pictures. Just FYI in hoping there's a fix. :) The ones I can see are fantastic!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He took his toys (photos) and went home so I'm closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 49 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back