Status
Not open for further replies.

db1317

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Where do you have your PC Rainbow at? Mine's getting about 250 PAR and has the exact same color. I've never been able to get the deep blue base and deep orange body that's pictured on PC's website. I like the Superman, too. I have a really big colony of it:)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DANG dude, let me know when I should come over with my new fragging kit.
Just AWESOME, zeo is paying of right here.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1smile1Thanks for sharing!! You have one healthy ecosystem! Great growth and color

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Where do you have your PC Rainbow at? Mine's getting about 250 PAR and has the exact same color. I've never been able to get the deep blue base and deep orange body that's pictured on PC's website. I like the Superman, too. I have a really big colony of it:)
Hey DB, Hope all is well! The base of the coral and the coralites are pretty consistent in all types of light levels. Where you will get the change in the blue/green coloration is in the growth edge. Its all dependent upon the light levels. I've gotten all different shades of blues. The only time I have ever gotten the deep blue color is when the growth edge is in a shaded area. The superman is an awesome coral. Its just started to POP. I'm getting much quicker growth now. Can you post some pics of your colony?

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow man, I love the results you're getting from the Zeovit! Amazing colors and a great collection of corals! :D

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! The bubblegum milli is my fav out of the lot. Your coral growth has really taken off. DIY a few Royal Blue LED's and watch your corals POP with colour like you've never seen! If you do, dont use any lens, you dont want to add much PAR, just accent the current lighting.

nathanb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James, I always enjoy looking at the pictures of your tank. I am hoping that mine can be half as nice like yours in the future. I am curious how long has the tank been running?

db1317

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey DB, Hope all is well! The base of the coral and the coralites are pretty consistent in all types of light levels. Where you will get the change in the blue/green coloration is in the growth edge. Its all dependent upon the light levels. I've gotten all different shades of blues. The only time I have ever gotten the deep blue color is when the growth edge is in a shaded area. The superman is an awesome coral. Its just started to POP. I'm getting much quicker growth now. Can you post some pics of your colony?

I'm not very good with the camera and it's hard to get a pic because it's at the back of the tank and growing on the back glass, but here's a front and side shot.

Looks like the front shot is coming in upside down, so here's a link. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0p69d9i0227jx15/superman_colony.jpg

Attachments

• supermanside.jpg
    supermanside.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 542
  • superman_colony.jpg
    superman_colony.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 594
OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the comments everyone! LEDs for the extra pop may not go on this tank, but I do plan on buying the new LED/T5 combo for my next tank. I agree, the blue should give it just enough pop. :) The tank has been running for a little under two years. For one of those years (when starting zeo), I did not have any growth. I had to learn the hard way how important feeding was. @DB, that is one MASSIVE PC Superman Table. That may be the single largest colony that has been documented. Congrats!!!

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its like crack for my eyes!
Awesome colors!
Just the 1 wrasse?
Hey Flounder, Thank you for the crack comment :) I do have a melenarus wrasse, but I also have a file fish, pygmy angel, yellow tang, and 5 chromis. You may be referencing db1317's pics above. S/He has some awesome colonies that I am very fortunate to have on my thread.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are pic # 3, 5, 7, 13, 14, 16, 17, 28?

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are pic # 3, 5, 7, 13, 14, 16, 17, 28?
Hey Ben, Those are Purple and Yellow Fuzzy Table, PC Rainbow, Pink Lemonade, PC Superman Table, Shades of Fall Nasuta, ORA Purple Plasma, Yellow Tort. The last three pics are p\Purple Yellow Fuzzy table, Yellow Tort, and Purple Plasma

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 46 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back