C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainbow Stylo

Atlantis Strawberry Fields

Is that… Yup… The TRUE OREGON TORT and ROMMELS WATERMELLON MILLI (Thanks JimC!)

ORA Ice Tort

Old School Green Slimer

Setosa

And just for fun
More new pics on page 8

Last edited:

BrooksReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I see your thread... I just pray my tank looks like yours one day!

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Horrible horrible horrible pictures. And you tease us with no FTS!!! Man o man. Need to use your thread for reference to see what colonies are supposed to look like. Thanks for sharing. What is the "only you can prevent forest fires"? Nice red. And horrible crystal clear water. If there is even water in that tank. :)

nathanb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James, thank you for sharing. I cannot wait to get my tank ready so I can receive frags from you. Very inspiring!

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it again james, you did it again.......:wacko: crazy nice stuff

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I see your thread... I just pray my tank looks like yours one day!
Thank you BrooksReef. I am happy that my little concept tank serves as inspiration to other reefers.

Horrible horrible horrible pictures. And you tease us with no FTS!!! Man o man. Need to use your thread for reference to see what colonies are supposed to look like. Thanks for sharing. What is the "only you can prevent forest fires"? Nice red. And horrible crystal clear water. If there is even water in that tank. :)
LOL. Thanks, Singlefin. The name of the red and green digi is "Forest Fire Digi". I really like the contrasting green and red coloration. I'm glad I provided the pic of the Green Slimer poking out of the water to prove there is water in that tank :)

James, thank you for sharing. I cannot wait to get my tank ready so I can receive frags from you. Very inspiring!
No problem, Frank. Hope all is well with you and the fam. Take it slow and get that tank perfect again!

Did it again james, you did it again.......:wacko: crazy nice stuff
Thanks, Zack! I'm really liking the progress I've made with the tank. I'm running out of room so it may almost be time for an upgrage... This time with some rock :)

Awesome, thanks for sharing
And tank you VB68 for viewing my thread! I appreciate your comment.

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James I have actually borrowed your idea. I have done the frag rack thing in my 30 deep blue rimless. It's Not zeo though. All rock in sump and a blue glow frag rack in display. I did it so I can fit as many acros as possible in there. My next upgrade is going to be similar as well. Only racks of acros. Your tank was the inspiration behind it all! So thanks for that James!:D

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Is the one you labeled, "one of my favorites"

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James I have actually borrowed your idea. I have done the frag rack thing in my 30 deep blue rimless. It's Not zeo though. All rock in sump and a blue glow frag rack in display. I did it so I can fit as many acros as possible in there. My next upgrade is going to be similar as well. Only racks of acros. Your tank was the inspiration behind it all! So thanks for that James!:D

Glad I could help, Zack! I had two people that inspired me. Machado Desousa of Portugal, and Sunnx . Machado has a garage filled with shelves of SPS coral. I wanted the same type of setup, but with BlueGlow Racks. SunnyX inspired me with his approach to bacteria and carbon dosing. Although I didn't go the vodka MicroBacter Route, I did end up using zeo. As for the coral that is one of my favorites... I have no idea what it is. I cant really explain the coloration of the coral. It has an awesome glow to it, and it has this very unique blue coloration. It was a score from a local LFS!

What Is the one you labeled, "one of my favorites"

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good James, can you elaborate on which zero products your using and your dosage?

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good James, can you elaborate on which zero products your using and your dosage?
Absolutely, Brett. My approach to zeo has evolved over time. I only use 300ml of the zeo media in my reactor at any time. I replace all of the media every 6 weeks. I dose 6 drops of the zeobac every 4 days. I dose 1.4ml of the zeostart through out the day with the help of a BRS doser. I dose 6ml of the pohls extra twice a week. Once in a while I will experiment with the zeofood. I do have to be careful as I can get little patches of green slime algae that accompanies the over usage of an amino. One of the biggest factors that have contributed to my success is feeding. Oyster Feast is my food of choice. Since I do not use Rock or Sand in this system (for the most part), I do quite a few water changes. Sometimes I perform two water changes in a week. My total water volume is 150g net.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow dude it's looking amazing. Can we have lots of full daylight colony shots next time please? Thanks.

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow dude it's looking amazing. Can we have lots of full daylight colony shots next time please? Thanks.
Hi Sahin, YES! I just got my new AVAST Marine Works Porthole today. I can now take some great top downs without trying to avoid the glare of the T5s. BigE provided some tips on how I can take some good shots. I'll post my new daylight shots this Saturday. If anyone would like to see a certain type of pic, please post your request and I will do my best to capture it this weekend. James

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the comments everyone!

Aquavista - Got your PM and I'll respond ASAP. In the office today working on quarter end close, so life is a little crazy today :)

Sahin - Below are some daylight shots I took on full auto mode. I used an AVAST Marine Works porthole to take the under water pics. Still learning how to use it. :) I hope you like them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%

Back