Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow wow wow. Looks awesome. What are the two tubes that were lit when you took the top downs? Coral plus or Actinc?

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow wow wow. Looks awesome. What are the two tubes that were lit when you took the top downs? Coral plus or Actinc?

Hi Sahin,

Those are both ATI Actinic bulbs. They really do provide a nice pop in color.

Warmest Regards,
James

Your very welcome, Zack! Glad you enjoyed the pics.

sportzfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MBG75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful top down shots. Where do you keep the parameters with the zeo? Also what salt do you use?

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi MBG75,

I try to keep my nitrates at .1 and my phosphates at .03. My calcium is approximately 430 and my Alk is approximately 7.5. Temp is consistently at 79.5 and my Ph stays around 8.0. Potassium is kept at 400 through constant testing and dosing. The only salt that I use is Neo Marine. I absolutely love this salt and will never consider another brand.

Happy Holidays,
James

Beautiful top down shots. Where do you keep the parameters with the zeo? Also what salt do you use?

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foul. These are fake rubber corals like in Tanked!! That green monti is amazing. Like it poured onto your shelf. Awesome.

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pieces James. You mentioned a couple of times you test for potassium regularly. What test kit do you use? Do you notice any difference in corals when it Potassium is low or high? I've never tested for this before, but I do use Red Sea Coral Pro, and read on a thread that Potassium is low in this salt. I've been thinking of switching to NeoMarine.

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pieces James. You mentioned a couple of times you test for potassium regularly. What test kit do you use? Do you notice any difference in corals when it Potassium is low or high? I've never tested for this before, but I do use Red Sea Coral Pro, and read on a thread that Potassium is low in this salt. I've been thinking of switching to NeoMarine.

Merry Christmas, Goody!

I use the salifert Potassium test kit. Before using the Salifert, I used the Red Sea test kit. When I compared the results of the Red Sea to the Salifert, the Red Sea always read high. Yes, I do notice a difference in the coloration of my corals when I dose potassium. When maintaining a potassium level at or above 400, I notice a darker/deeper blue/purple color in the tips of my SPS.

The Neo Marine is the best salt I have ever used. I perform weekly water changes with this salt. I also tried the red sea, but moved to the NM because of the higher potassium levels. The NM also has lower alk which I like because I use ZEOVit.

Happy Holidays,
James

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, I'm tempted to go full zeovit after seeing your results. If you don't mind, what is your feeding & dosing regimen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefltx,

I am always changing how I dose based on how my tank looks. Here is how I am currently dosing/feeding.

I feed my fish once a day. I feed Oyster Feast every other night. I dose ZEO Bac twice a week. My ZEO Start is on a timer that turns it on 4 times a day. I dose 5ml of Pohl Extra twice a week. I've stopped the CV for a while to see if I notice any negative effects. I also stopped dosing AAHC since I have some green slime algae developing in a couple spots.

Hope this helps!
James

Very nice, I'm tempted to go full zeovit after seeing your results. If you don't mind, what is your feeding & dosing regimen?

JonnyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to say I starting reading this thread and immediately said why? Soon after reading through and actually seeing your accomplishments I am in love.

What a beautiful setup, absolutely beautiful and healthy. Congrats man. That is truly something to be proud of.

Wow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to say I starting reading this thread and immediately said why? Soon after reading through and actually seeing your accomplishments I am in love.

What a beautiful setup, absolutely beautiful and healthy. Congrats man. That is truly something to be proud of.

Wow.

Thanks JohnyJ,

Some of the corals are starting to touch the glass. I'm debating on if I want to let the corals encrust the glass. Everything should look pretty sweet when the corals have completely encrusted the racks. My goal is to have the corals look like a suspended or floating reef.

Warmest Regards,
James

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks JohnyJ,

Some of the corals are starting to touch the glass. I'm debating on if I want to let the corals encrust the glass. Everything should look pretty sweet when the corals have completely encrusted the racks. My goal is to have the corals look like a suspended or floating reef.

Warmest Regards,
James

I can see it now, this tank is going to look amazing once filled in. Since you have experience with both, what are you're opinion on the ATI actinic as far as coloration, is it similar to blue plus? I'm running 4x blue plus right on my 6x ati fixture and was thinking swapping one out for an actinic for more pop. Also, what is your tanks height and how far above the water do you have the fixture?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see it now, this tank is going to look amazing once filled in. Since you have experience with both, what are you're opinion on the ATI actinic as far as coloration, is it similar to blue plus? I'm running 4x blue plus right on my 6x ati fixture and was thinking swapping one out for an actinic for more pop. Also, what is your tanks height and how far above the water do you have the fixture?

Hi Reefltx,

My tank is 18" tall. My 8x80 ATI Sunpower is 11" off the top of the tank. I think you would really like the neon purple pop of the actinic. Replacing one of the Blue pluses with an actinic would definitely give you a nice look. Be sure to use the actinic in your dawn/dusk bulb combo.

Warmest Regards,
James

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefltx,

My tank is 18" tall. My 8x80 ATI Sunpower is 11" off the top of the tank. I think you would really like the neon purple pop of the actinic. Replacing one of the Blue pluses with an actinic would definitely give you a nice look. Be sure to use the actinic in your dawn/dusk bulb combo.

Warmest Regards,
James

Thanks James

I'm gonna try an actinic bulb on my next order. Maybe I've been frying my corals. My tank is 16" high and the fixture is 7" off the water.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there Cunareefer, it's been a couple of months or so since the last batch of photos. Would s
Love to see some more updated photos please. :D

OP
OP
C

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sahin and Whixley,

The corals have grown quite a bit and have really started to touch each other. I think you'll enjoy the pics once I post them. I'll be taking some new pictures as soon as I pick up a new laptop. My laptop crashed a couple months ago and is the reason I haven't posted any new pics. I hope to be picking a new laptop up this weekend.

Warmest Regards,
James

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really forward to the new pics man. Hope u pick up a nice new laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back