Some pics of my sps collection

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I took a few pics of some of my corals tonight and thought that I would share them. Pictures taken with my iphone8 with just one of those clip on filters and no editing.
Jeff

orangecrush319.jpg

av99 orange crush
glowstick319.jpg

av99 glowstick
homewrecker2319.jpg

jf homewrecker

OP
OP
coralbeauties

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like the floridia looking one the best, awesome growth pattern on it. The glow stick is nuclear as well!
The glowstick is the absolute brightest coral in my tank. When my lights dim for sunset with mainly blues it will actually reflect light onto the rock work just above it and lights up the rock.
Jeff

OP
OP
coralbeauties

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Next pic is of my tyree pinky the bear. It is one of the nicer corals that I have had. It has great color, tons of polyp extension, grows great and I cant seem to even hurt it no matter what I have put it through. Im really surprised this coral isnt more popular.
Jeff

pinkythebear319.jpg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next pic is of my tyree pinky the bear. It is one of the nicer corals that I have had. It has great color, tons of polyp extension, grows great and I cant seem to even hurt it no matter what I have put it through. Im really surprised this coral isnt more popular.
Jeff

pinkythebear319.jpg
Awesome colony! Wow !

OP
OP
coralbeauties

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had the pleasure of visiting Jeff’s reef a few months ago. His corals look even better in person!
Thanks Tim, always a pleasure visiting with you and talking shop and whatever situations you have gotten me into:)
Next picture is of my cali tort. Its not a great picture but I wanted to share the damage that this coral sustained. I removed and sold a flame angel thinking it was causing the damage, but was still seeing the damage to other corals. After catching some of my other large tangs and talking with a friend I was able to determine a long spine urchin was causing the damage. I would have never guessed, the damage was quite extensive to quite a few of my corals. It probably ate half of the base of my walt disney frag that I have started growing out. It was banished to a bucket till I could find a new home for it.
Jeff

cali.jpg

Lapras

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! What do you use for lighting? Parameters? That Pinky the Bear is amazing -- now I want one :D

OP
OP
coralbeauties

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice! What do you use for lighting? Parameters? That Pinky the Bear is amazing -- now I want one :D
My lighting is a diy led setup that I built years ago before you could buy a commercial led light. I have changed the colors several times and have an ardurino controller that I am able to fully control the intensity of 6 different colors and fully control timing the dimming for dawn and dusk. I believe it is alittle over 200 w watt leds. I also have 2 80 watt t-5s for fill in. Leds tend to produce alot of shading so the t-5s really help out with that. My parameters are pretty much the same as everyone else. I use a ca reactor for my calcuim and alk control and dose a small amount of acropower.
The pinky is a great coral and if you get a chance to pick one up jump on it.
Jeff
dfs pink panther
pinkpanther319.jpg

raspberry lemonade
raspberrylemonaide319.jpg

kevlow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff

pinkythebear319.jpg

Spectacular looking coral.
This piece reminds me of Purple Fusion. It is beautiful, resistant, grows quick as you have stated. It is also shaped very nicely and fits well in the bottom of the tank.
It is probably the same coral as PF but was imported and grown out by different designer coral retailers.
Everything looks great!
I love the light fixtures. I would not mind hearing more about them if you are able to share. Spectrum? Par? etc. etc.

Edit add on, Awesome Rasberry Lemonade. Do you have a FTS to post?

Last edited:
OP
OP
coralbeauties

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Spectacular looking coral.
This piece reminds me of Purple Fusion. It is beautiful, resistant, grows quick as you have stated. It is also shaped very nicely and fits well in the bottom of the tank.
It is probably the same coral as PF but was imported and grown out by different designer coral retailers.
Everything looks great!
I love the light fixtures. I would not mind hearing more about them if you are able to share. Spectrum? Par? etc. etc.

Edit add on, Awesome Rasberry Lemonade. Do you have a FTS to post?
Thanks to all for the compliments
The led selection is pretty simple with mostly royal blue 450's and cool whites 6k. thrown in I have some blue 460's, violets, very few uv's and just 6 green and 6 reds. What really makes the set up is the controller. It is an ardurino board with a touch screen with a program called jardurino installed. It gives me complete control of each colors with both time and intensity. There are 3 main power supplies with what is called ldd for driving the led strings. Main drawback is it creates a wiring nightmare. I have a blue+ and actinic t-5 bulbs as a supplement. I have the leds adjusted down to about 50-60% and getting around 500 par with my highest piece of coral. If I cranked them up I would be able to get 700 par fairly easily. I will get a fts when I get a chance.
thanks
Jeff

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That raspberry lemonade is sweet! Its always been the hardest to grow of the nasuta variants for me and others around my area. The "rainbow" nasuta is such a quick grower too its kinda weird. I always make sure to tell people good job who have nice raspberry colonies, so, well done!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 86 45.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.0%
Back