Some Recommendations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone!

From time to time, customers ask us "What do you recommend today?". It's a tought question, because everyones' taste, skill level, aquarium environment and dedication levels are different. However, if you simply said, "What's looking cool right now?" -That's a different story!

Here are a few items on the website that I think are pretty cool, and you may want to consider:

IMG_8163-UC.jpg

The UC "Lime Green Acropora" is such a great species to work with. They are super colorful- bright green, with actively extended polyps throughout the day. The frags are, of course, very encrusted, and many of them are looking like little colonies. Just a super nice coral that seems to fly under the radar at times. If you're looking for what could turn into one of your favorite colonies one day, I'd say that this one is definitely worth a try!

http://uniquecorals.com/default/coral/sps/acropora-sp-lime-green-acropora-frag-1-frag.html

IMG_8009-UC.jpg

UC "Eye of The Storm Chalice" delivers on almost every point: It's got great morphology, with an interesting texture. It features a great set of contrasting colors with super bright "eyes"- many of the frags have grown to the point where they have multiple "eyes", which many "Chalice" fans will tell you is a key to success with these corals as frags. At a really good price point, this is an excellent "Chalice" to work with, as it is surprisingly durable, undeniably attractive, and straightforward in its care requirements. While not as insane as some of the "trendier" morphs that we carry, it's hardy, reliable, and attractive...All pluses, in my book!

http://uniquecorals.com/default/coral/chalice/echinophyllia-sp-eye-of-the-storm-chalice-1-frag.html

_DSC0126.jpgUC.jpg

DR "Toxic Leptoseris"...This coral is cool in many ways, but quite possibly the coolest factor about it is that none of your friends have it! Leptoseris is a forgotten genus. It's very interesting, hardy, and rather unusual, but it seems to have escaped the masses for some time. And it's color is screaming green! Add to the fact that this is a piece propagated by one of America's greatest coral farmers, Dane Rigle, and you've got an undeniably sexy addition to your reef!

http://uniquecorals.com/default/cor...p-dr-toxic-leptoseris-1-wysiwyg-specimen.html

IMG_7956-UC.jpg

Acropora suharsonoi 1.25" Frag - If you like deepwater Acros, and are looking for a propagated, rather than wild collected specimen, then this is your frag! It's got a lot going for it: Excellent color, axial growth, and it's base is quite encrusted, which is a bit unusual for this delicate-appearing deepwater species. We've been fragging and growing them for some time, and they are simply one of the hardiest Acros we've worked with! Yup, seriously! A total "buy" in my book! This frag will grow into an incredible colony over time!

http://uniquecorals.com/default/coral/sps/acropora-suharsonoi-purple-green-1-wysiwyg-specimen.html

IMG_8052-2Black & Tan 1 5 inch 1 10 3 .jpgUC.jpg

"Black and Tan" Maxima Clam - Looking for a nice aquacultured clam? This one has so much going for it: It's hardy, unusually colored (I mean, ANOTHER blue clam? meh!), has a nice clean mantle, and it's young and still growing, so you can feel even better about it! A solid value for a very unique clam with amazing potential to become a star in your reef...What more could you ask?

http://uniquecorals.com/default/mor...ima-clam-approx-1-5-wysiwyg-specimen-923.html

Okay, so I could probably name every coral in our inventory as a "recommendation", but I think you get the idea that every specimen in our inventory has a unique story, an interesting feature, and lots going for it. These are just a few that I think are kind of cool...there could be dozens more. Notice that not every one is "sexy"; rather, each one has some interesting attributes that make it cool. Find what's cool to you, and enjoy!

Grow your UC frags out, share them with friends, and have fun! And, tell your friends why YOU think your corals are cool! Get them excited. That's what it's all about!

Regards,

Scott Fellman
Unique Corals

Last edited:

kevinf

lalalala
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The url's are messed up.

I really enjoy your marketing. If my wife wouldn't kill me among other things, I would be ordering right now. Hopefully in the near future.

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The url's are messed up.

I really enjoy your marketing. If my wife wouldn't kill me among other things, I would be ordering right now. Hopefully in the near future.

Thanks for the tip off on the URL's..We fixed 'em!

Yeah, what Tony Vargas calls "The Spouse Factor" definitely comes into play! We'll be here when you negotiate that minefield! LOL

Thanks,

Scott

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back