Some time my sps has white stings

  • Thread starter Thread starter yajur
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

yajur

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2015
Messages
58
Reaction score
10
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c6338429e6ffa3ade7223a5a06fb6c65.jpg



Check this milli photo it has some white stuff it there for some 30 min and go of it own and I dipped the coral too nothing came out.

Any idea what will be the issue.?
 
Might be the slime coat.
I have that sometimes too after a WC or I fool around in the tank.
It's a protection that the corals have, the more the better.
Pics don't show either PE or Slime.
 
I cant tell u personally what causes this, before reading up on it and goin crazy because some people say its good nd bad , that colony looks really heathly(unless thosee burn tips) nd usually after a wc/feeding/me stickin my hands in the tank/or if my hydnophora wants to be a jerk i usually will see this
 
I cant tell u personally what causes this, before reading up on it and goin crazy because some people say its good nd bad , that colony looks really heathly(unless thosee burn tips) nd usually after a wc/feeding/me stickin my hands in the tank/or if my hydnophora wants to be a jerk i usually will see this
Thanks bro
 
Disregard my comment as I was reading Strings now I see it said Stings, LOL.


Long term off set on the water balance can cause this too.
Maybe if you post your test # from the last three weeks or so.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new