Some Very Cherry Projects at our Warehouse!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joker79

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a challenge... Subscribed!!! Bannister, Chris built you some killer LED's bro!!!! :-D

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like a challenge... Subscribed!!! Bannister, Chris built you some killer LED's bro!!!! :-D

+1! Now if I can just keep the UPS driver from running them over this time...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back on topic, how bout an update, CC??

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious on what your goals for the lights are. What % are you aiming for? I am pretty sure you will be going through an acclimation period.

OP
OP
Acro76

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I finally got around to taking a few photos around the shop.... Things are progressing slowly, but that's fine with us, our priorities are taking care of our corals and our customers!

Lobby and Show Tanks

We rebuilt the cube tank from MACNA in Des Moines, Iowa. We beefed it up with a 3/8" glass bottom panel and redid all the seams (several times for practice, lol), and topped it off with a 1/2" black HDPE bottom. Stand was redone, wall recessed for overflow and Vortec pumps. Drilled with gl*******s overflow. This tank is plumbed into the 500 gallon, and will only house tank raised, aquacultured corals.

newsps518a.jpg~original

Being major coffee addicts, we had to have a coffee bar!

newsps519a.jpg~original

This is the 500 gallon, which used to be in Todd's basement. It was assembled in the basement by Miracles Aquariums. Thus it was painstakingly taken apart, cleaned, and reassembled. We added additional bracing and HDPE bottom. There is a railroad track about 40 feet behind our building, so we felt some reinforcement of the tanks was a must. The frag tank on the far right is about 100 gallons.

newsps520a.jpg~original

Skimmer and sump

newsps521a.jpg~original

Quarantine

This system is used for quarantine, and so we can dip corals multiple times before adding them to our main systems. Corals are fragged and observed for any problems that might pop up with new specimens.

newsps522a.jpg~original

SPS Expansion

This 800 gallon system is for SPS and you can see it is still a work in progress. The tank on the left is for lower light montipora, deepwater acros, ect.

newsps523a.jpg~original

Overview

I'll have to snap some shots with my GoPro... this is as wide as i could shoot...

newsps524a.jpg~original

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome last shot.! you need to get on a lader and climb on top of that wall in the back and get a full shot from above! get fancy with it : P

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics of the filtration? Is this all one large system or several separate systems?

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update, love that last shot. Coffee Bar a MUST!!!!

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the warehouse is looking awesome… I really appreciate the extra effort you guys put into quarantine.

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what was the result of the 8 LED panels over the SPS. I didn't see anything else after the first 3 week mention.

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following this too.

They are gone, we were going to have to purchase another 4 units to get the coverage we really needed so we went in another direction. Almost all of the systems run a combination of metal halide with T5, metal halide with Reef Brite blues, or T5's with Reef Brite blues.

Another factor which made us remove the more sophisticated LED fixtures is the humidity in our building.

Next week I will finish up the electrical for the new systems and we can get some cord management done :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.3%
Back