Something from almost nothing amazes me

  • Thread starter Thread starter exnisstech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,728
Reaction score
33,723
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a newb only about 18 months in on my stick tank. It's quite a bit different than the mixed reefs I keep but that was the plan. Something new and challenging. Things were pretty stagnant except for a few STN and RTN untill after about 12 months then frags started to take off. What really amazes me is the ability to grow a coral back from almost nothing to a nice looking piece. It really is like an underwater garden. Just thought I'd share. If it has color don't pitch it.
This was a little booger size remain after I popped the frag off. Still has a ways to go but is coloring up nicely. First image was mid march and the second today.
20240902_190229-COLLAGE.jpg


This one left over on a plug after removing the colony. Probably light or parameters but it's coloring up better than the colony which grew out in a different tank. Remains on the plug was added May the other shot today.
20240902_190955-COLLAGE~2.jpg

Thanks for looking.
 
Nicely done! Tell us more about your tank and what you’re doing to find success!

Thank you for the kind words. The tank is a reefer 300 started February 2023 dry rock barebottom with a tray of live rock rubble in the sump. I run it pretty simple. A reefmat 500 is the only filtration. I have some chaeto in the sump. I don't grow enough to harvest but it gives pods a place to grow. No skimmer. Lighting is two photon 32s. Flow is two mp10s and two Nero 5s all on the back wall. I dose AFR manually and that's about it.
It's a work in progress.
PXL_20240902_234403731~2.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new