Something is off in my system?

Zhugelaocunfu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after my tank being set one year ago,I still don't see some common signs the tank cycle is finished:no coralline algae growth, other algae bloom...etc.

Parameters:
Ammonia:0-0.1
Nitrite:0
Nitriate:0
PO4:0
KH:10.0
tank size:45cm^3,back filter
light: A7 100W, (12hr light time before, currently set to 6)
flow:Jebao MOW-3
protein skimmer: Tunze 9001

living organism in m tank:Green Acan,Starbrust polyp, GTB anemone (bleached the time I buy, didn't recover until now),2 chromis

I tried cycling my tank as people told at first,but my algae bloom starts rather late (month 2-3, different kinds of bad algae grow then until now,but currently under control)...
IMG_0649.jpg

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are hitting 0 across A/N/P it indicates to me that your tank is cycled. I would look at one of the following.

1. Increasing feeding of the Chromis
2. Spot feeding the nem and corals
3. Dosing something like NP-Backo-Balance to maintain N/P in the tank.

I think I would look at it in that order also. Try feeding the Chromis more with frozen food that you don't rinse as the first target to increase N/P.

flyingscampi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To fix 0 nutrients, then either overfeed or add Brightwell NeoNitro & NeoPhos until you get NO3 ~3 to 10, PO4 ~ 0.02 to 0.1.

Turn off the skimmer if you have another method of oxygenation (e.g., point a powerhead at the surface.)

Have you ever added any good quality live rock to the tank? This will greatly help to increase diversity.

OP
OP
Zhugelaocunfu

Zhugelaocunfu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To fix 0 nutrients, then either overfeed or add Brightwell NeoNitro & NeoPhos until you get NO3 ~3 to 10, PO4 ~ 0.02 to 0.1.

Turn off the skimmer if you have another method of oxygenation (e.g., point a powerhead at the surface.)

Have you ever added any good quality live rock to the tank? This will greatly help to increase diversity.
Added one in the display tank (the bottom big rock in photo and three at the back filter), I currently see brittle star, bristle worm,Amphipods,Asterina Starfish,Vermetid Snail and Pineapple sponge in my tank (also those white dots in back filter), picked awayed a gorilla crab tho.I don't know if this kind of diversity is ok

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people have a hard time getting coraline to grow. Seed it from another tank. Friend, club, LFS, someone you know must have some.

Yup, I agree, get nutrients off 0.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back