Something wrong with my mushrooms?

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mushrooms used to be out in full beauty but recently when they open up they still cling to the rock instead of out in a full disc. Any ideas on why that might be? Pic 1 is from about a week ago (ignore the GTA, I'm working on it) and pic 2 is from today. Hehe you can see Langston in the 2nd pic

IMG_6692.JPG

image.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anything in your tank change .

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your numbers?

What are you doing about gha?

Are you taking the pics at the same time?
Did you change flow at all?

Anthying walking or sitting on them. My ycg and gcg will sit on them and they will close up from Time to time.

OP
OP
Corey Shelk

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have an accurate test kit so I've been meaning to bring some water to my LFS to get tested for free. The GHA I just scrape off the rock, I don't add anything to the tank. The pics weren't taken at the same time, that might be part of the problem. Flow hasn't changed, it's just my filter. I have no powerheads. Maybe it's the clowns? When I turn the lights off they swim immediately to the area right next to the mushrooms. And I don't know much about how to tell if they are hosting but honestly it seems like they are hosting the mushroom on the rock right next to them in the little "valley". That's an old pic back before I had LEDs. The mushroom on the right rock is where the clowns go to after the lights turn off and then they go to the sand bed and stir up the sand and the big one (female) shakes. It could be breeding behavior, I don't know though.

IMG_6677.JPG

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 73.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back