Sometimes I just feel stupid - frag bubbles

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef2Land
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef2Land

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
126
Reaction score
215
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These things have probably been around FOREVER. That's why I feel stupid that I just recently started using them after 30 years. I was always finding different ways to get any soft frags to stick to rock and these things are just simple as long as they're set up right.

thumbnail (11).jpg
 
You have a link to where to get those or how to make them. I have never seen those before. Very interesting.
 
I think they're just called Red Shrimp glass holders or aquatics plant holders. They are pretty small but they have holes in the bottom and the water flows through them pretty well IMO
 
LOL I couldn't believe it took me 30 years to find these things. I only found them a month ago and I think I paid around $40 for 10 of them maybe (?) I'm kind of surprised that they stay on so well to be honest. As long as I keep the lip about 5 mms below the water line the opening doesn't seem big enough for a frag to blow out. Still messing with them though. It's really nice how even when I feed them the water still clears itself pretty quick.

OH As people can see I just throw some larger rubble pieces in the bottom and these xenia frags attached with probably 24 hours. Then I'll glue that on to an actual plug and hope they cover that in a week or two.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new