Sometimes my big ideas overwhelm me

thewalkingdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're off to a great start.

I was in a similar boat where I essentially went on BRS and bought one of everything. And now I'm trying to figure out how to piece it all together for a 175 gallon tank. It's a dream tank for me, but super overwhelming at times. My build thread highlights some of those challenges.

My advice is don't worry about having every detail figured out or every problem solved now. It is entirely possible to "project manage" this thing to death. Just keep taking steps. Start knocking things out and you'll eventually get there. Sure, had I planned things out better in the beginning I would've avoided some issues, but if that were the case, I'd probably still be planning the build instead of being a few months into the project and almost ready for water.

Keep going!

OP
OP
Johnny C

Johnny C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're off to a great start.

I was in a similar boat where I essentially went on BRS and bought one of everything. And now I'm trying to figure out how to piece it all together for a 175 gallon tank. It's a dream tank for me, but super overwhelming at times. My build thread highlights some of those challenges.

My advice is don't worry about having every detail figured out or every problem solved now. It is entirely possible to "project manage" this thing to death. Just keep taking steps. Start knocking things out and you'll eventually get there. Sure, had I planned things out better in the beginning I would've avoided some issues, but if that were the case, I'd probably still be planning the build instead of being a few months into the project and almost ready for water.

Keep going!
Thanks for the reply and the vote of confidence. And yeah step by step we’ll get to the place we want to be

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 135 74.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back