Sort of low pH?

Derek Hill

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2015
Messages
55
Reaction score
12
Location
Cle OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, having a slight issue...I guess? My pH will not get above 8.03 at all. My "swing" you can see below is only around 0.3, but I feel like it's still too low.

39898c9e1982bae84099018fb5b8f57f.jpg


Dosing with my apex - 4.5 mL of alk, 11.5 mL of calc (b-ionic 2 part)

90 cube with eshopps adv200 sump
All SPS except 4 chalices
A lot of fish - a bit over stocked but upgrading to my 180 in December (all are fat and happy)

Params...
Calc - 440
Alk - 8.6
Salt - 1.025
Mag - 1300
NO2 - 0
NO3 - 5ppm
PO4 - 0
 
Double check calibration but it's probably just high co2 in the house. I run my skimmer intake outside to help. I've dropped as low as 7.7 without any issue but I try and stay 7.8 or above.
 
Double check calibration but it's probably just high co2 in the house. I run my skimmer intake outside to help. I've dropped as low as 7.7 without any issue but I try and stay 7.8 or above.

Yeah...I am going to re-calibrate it tonight to make sure its correct. Not sure why it would be off, but who knows.

I am going to also look at adding a fan into my sump/stand to move air around better down there too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new