Source for live white worms

Silly clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a white worm culture, and would like to start a new one. I can’t recall where I got my worms, but can’t find locally. Any suggestions?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two more sites:
White worms -

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We actually have an Ebay and Etsy store front, we have been selling them for months now. We are ramping up production at the moment, just bought a much larger cooler. Message me if you are interested. We can also help if you have questions on raising them, we finally have it down to a science.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We actually have an Ebay and Etsy store front, we have been selling them for months now. We are ramping up production at the moment, just bought a much larger cooler. Message me if you are interested. We can also help if you have questions on raising them, we finally have it down to a science.
What do you feed them?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two more sites:
well I got my culture from joshfrogs in the mail today. they ship in coconut coir.
the thing is I can even find one worm!? maybe there tiny IDK
went ahead and split it into two with the classic bread yogert and yest lets see what happens....

anyone else get a culture from them?

Malum Argenteum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The overall quality of live cultures from Josh's hasn't been good for some years, and progressively gets worse. I have most experience with their insect cultures, and they're not good -- really skimpy, pests, not prepared in a manner that will survive shipping.

I only bought whiteworms from them once, and there were very few worms in the culture (I wasn't good enough at raising them to ever harvest much at all).

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I got my culture from joshfrogs in the mail today. they ship in coconut coir.
the thing is I can even find one worm!? maybe there tiny IDK
went ahead and split it into two with the classic bread yogert and yest lets see what happens....

anyone else get a culture from them?
The overall quality of live cultures from Josh's hasn't been good for some years, and progressively gets worse. I have most experience with their insect cultures, and they're not good -- really skimpy, pests, not prepared in a manner that will survive shipping.

I only bought whiteworms from them once, and there were very few worms in the culture (I wasn't good enough at raising them to ever harvest much at all).
Sad, but good to know - I haven't used them myself, but I have heard a lot of good things about them before from multiple groups. Unfortunate to hear their quality has declined.

Malum Argenteum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're resting on their laurels in a big way lately. I get the impression they're building up their business in the hopes of selling it (Bertram, Central -- are you listening?) -- they've really lost the focus on frogs, and so kind of aren't really doing anything particularly well.

The pests in cultures thing is pretty long-standing, though; it is pretty challenging to keep cultures clean when you're doing a million of them and then also trying to compete on price.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

man that sucks, hopefully i can get it going. i'll keep everyone posted.

Sad, but good to know - I haven't used them myself, but I have heard a lot of good things about them before from multiple groups. Unfortunate to hear their quality has declined.
seems that way. it's my 1st WW culture, I got pull in the the big amount of 16oz vs smaller amounts of other ebay/esty sellers. I think they might have just shipped out empty coconut coir. I did not even find dead worms what to speak of live ones.

They're resting on their laurels in a big way lately. I get the impression they're building up their business in the hopes of selling it (Bertram, Central -- are you listening?) -- they've really lost the focus on frogs, and so kind of aren't really doing anything particularly well.

The pests in cultures thing is pretty long-standing, though; it is pretty challenging to keep cultures clean when you're doing a million of them and then also trying to compete on price.
funny you should say that there was a BRS flyer in the box, so maybe there are already owned by them??
anyway I am very disappointed with the culture so far.
I'll keep every one posted on what happens.

Malum Argenteum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
funny you should say that there was a BRS flyer in the box, so maybe there are already owned by them??

Something's going on...

Josh's had been offering live fish for a couple years, up until recently when they stopped. They're definitely trying to find their way in to the aquatics market (they've done some of this with reptiles, where they're actually pretty successful at undercutting hobby breeders with the handful of species they offer).

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Something's going on...

Josh's had been offering live fish for a couple years, up until recently when they stopped. They're definitely trying to find their way in to the aquatics market (they've done some of this with reptiles, where they're actually pretty successful at undercutting hobby breeders with the handful of species they offer).
I went ahead feed the culture to see if any Worms where there I doubt it but lets see.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 111 42.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 124 47.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 24 9.3%
Back