Got new corals, Got new unknown creatures

  • Thread starter Thread starter Royl14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Royl14

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2024
Messages
56
Reaction score
15
Location
Israel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just got new corals from 2 years working aquarium, lobophyllia and 25 heads of Zoa.
The lobophyllia came with massive brittle stars and some snail? I really don't know.
Flat worms started to show today aswell...
Please help me identify -
It's looks like he's eating some white string and pulling it.
And then put out 1 "leg" that look like a branch on picture.
And if you see from his left there a bit long worm / bug with stripes ...
I'm definitely concerned from the worms too...

20240530_224307.jpg 20240530_224307.jpg 20240530_224307.jpg
 
Um did you not dip them before introducing? Brittle stars are ok but flat worms?? Do you have flat worm stop on hand
Nope, that the problem I didn't.
I trusted the man cause I knew he has a food running tablet for couple if Years but yeah first mistake I will never do.
Actually it's one of my almost first corals so I'm not that familiar with the dip procedure of corals, only have 1 clown.
That creepy thing on the lobophyllia I assume is very bad according to your response?
I know flat worms are really bad and tomorrow I'll buy some stop for that ( any suggestions to what to buy?)
 
Nope, that the problem I didn't.
I trusted the man cause I knew he has a food running tablet for couple if Years but yeah first mistake I will never do.
Actually it's one of my almost first corals so I'm not that familiar with the dip procedure of corals, only have 1 clown.
That creepy thing on the lobophyllia I assume is very bad according to your response?
I know flat worms are really bad and tomorrow I'll buy some stop for that ( any suggestions to what to buy?)
KZ flatworm stop
Pretty much the standard. Flatworms eat coral. Always dip coral from anyone.
 
Hey just got new corals from 2 years working aquarium, lobophyllia and 25 heads of Zoa.
The lobophyllia came with massive brittle stars and some snail? I really don't know.
Flat worms started to show today aswell...
Please help me identify -
It's looks like he's eating some white string and pulling it.
And then put out 1 "leg" that look like a branch on picture.
And if you see from his left there a bit long worm / bug with stripes ...
I'm definitely concerned from the worms too...

20240530_224307.jpg 20240530_224307.jpg 20240530_224307.jpg

I have a very good friend who I get ALL my corals from. I know his tank welll, and his maintenance, but I STILL dip what I get from him before it goes in my tank. Just not worth the risk. There are many different coral dips out there, but I use Tropic Marin Coral Clean
 
Hey just got new corals from 2 years working aquarium, lobophyllia and 25 heads of Zoa.
The lobophyllia came with massive brittle stars and some snail? I really don't know.
Flat worms started to show today aswell...
Please help me identify -
It's looks like he's eating some white string and pulling it.
And then put out 1 "leg" that look like a branch on picture.
And if you see from his left there a bit long worm / bug with stripes ...
I'm definitely concerned from the worms too...

20240530_224307.jpg 20240530_224307.jpg 20240530_224307.jpg

That string eating thing is a vermetid snail. The string is its way of catching food. A dip won't kill it.
Take the coral out, cut at the base with a pair of dykes. The base looks like a pile of poop. Just cut it, smash it, whatever. Quick tank water rinse in a container and back in the tank. Should take 2 minutes tops.

Word of caution, where there is one, there's probably more.
 
I would get those corals dipped and treated ASAP you do not want vermetids in your tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new