Source for octopus?

Did you get it?
Long story short, no. I had to cancel the shipment for now (it was a dwarf cuttlefish), basically someone was trying to cycle nearby tanks so they added some kind of ammonia source to the tanks - well, they must've thought my setup was one of theirs, so my ammonia is around 4 ppm right now. I didn't even bother testing anything else, I just gave up on the tank altogether and used a 5 gallon hex that we had lying around. I need to come up with a filtration system for it though, there's no HOB filter that fits on the back of the tank. Going to do a bit of research on that... maybe the folks at Nano Reef have an idea

But we are getting a dwarf cuttlefish at some point, we're not ready yet though. In other news, the 60 gallon got a 30% water change today and is looking pretty great, I'm almost ready to convert it to an octopus tank - friend of mine said he's been getting a bunch in his lobster traps recently, so I've got my source for larger ones!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new