Space invader coral issues

ReeferKC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a space Invader yesterday and I acclimated it just like all my other corals (10 in total) and this morning I see that it lost most of its color and bone is starting to show I cut dow on most of the flow and lights. What should I do? All other corals look strong and healthy.
71908224-2DA9-4122-BDF3-995B76E0D591.jpeg
B14F29F6-75F3-490F-B0A7-085F1C3E1917.jpeg
1904C506-861F-4565-9FA3-85661E3E155B.jpeg
46713418-12CC-45B2-90B4-793D0C897901.jpeg

TessGlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a new tank? How do your parameters look? My general observation is that LPS do poorly in low nutrient tanks, especially if they are used to nutrients.

I would move it so that it is wayyyyy out of reach of the two torch/hammer corals you have. While they don't appear to be setting out stinging tentacles now, they can do so at night and you would be surprised how far they can reach. I've had them reach farther than they are big. The space invader has the look they can get when stung. The space invader can itself also be very aggressive with stinging tentacles that could make the torches react.

OP
OP
ReeferKC

ReeferKC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a new tank? How do your parameters look? My general observation is that LPS do poorly in low nutrient tanks, especially if they are used to nutrients.

I would move it so that it is wayyyyy out of reach of the two torch/hammer corals you have. While they don't appear to be setting out stinging tentacles now, they can do so at night and you would be surprised how far they can reach. I've had them reach farther than they are big. The space invader has the look they can get when stung. The space invader can itself also be very aggressive with stinging tentacles that could make the torches react.
Yes my tank is about 3 months old and all the water parameters are solid. I Moved it away from all the other corals. Hopefully this is an easy fix, thanks for the advice!!!!

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes my tank is about 3 months old and all the water parameters are solid. I Moved it away from all the other corals. Hopefully this is an easy fix, thanks for the advice!!!!
I would guess the tank being new may be the issue, or stinging like posted above.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back