space monsters upset

shecter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a 2p frag of space monsters and they have some kind of clove polyp or something arounf them. It stops them from being open all the way and looks to be choking them out. Is there a way to get rid of them? I scraped what I could with a razor but I'm afraid of damaginging the palys. Any ideas?

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a frag of very nice zoos and xenias were not letting them open. I took it off the plug and cut them with a razor and scapped the best that i could now theyre open and very happy. Tweezers might leave root or stem and they might come back.

Me z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue cloves suck! Worst thing I have ever added to my tank. The best thing to do is get an electric toothbrush and scrub them as close to the polyps as possible then use tweezers and try and pick the rest off. Real pain the but, but they will choke out zoas.

jaugermeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have in the past used medical tweezers that are really sharp on the tip. that way you can get down a bit into the rock and remove the whole thing.

jaugermeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use a medium softness tooth brush to clean the zoas, just make sure the polyps are all closed first.

OP
OP
S

shecter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive tried with a toothbrush and pulling off with tweezers. this is a couple days later.
imagejpeg_2_43.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 101 43.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 108 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.5%
Back