Spacer for old MP40

Andrew D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, hoping someone can help. I have a few older MO40s that I bought used. Love the pump but I'm having a difficult time figuring out which spacers if any I should be using. I've used them for a while on my 350G tank with 3/4 inch thick glass and figured that the regular dis-engaging of the wet side was because the MP40 wasn't designed to be used with such thick glass. Duh. I just picked up a newer one and realized that they do work with this thickness glass, but that the design of the dryside and the spacers used have changed.

When I looked at the back of the older model dry side, all of them have the the sticker in the first picture below which says not to use what I can only describe as a sleeve for glass that is 3/4 inch thick. When I remove what looks like a snug sleeve though (second picture) I'm left with something that doesn't look like it should go right against the glass, both to protect the glass but also the inner housing of the pump from water spray. Is there something else that I need, and does anyone know where I can still get about 4 of them?

Thanks in advance. Andrew

mp40 dryside back.jpeg mp40 dryside back2.jpeg

OP
OP
Andrew D

Andrew D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it looks like it. Any idea where I can get one because the new MP40s are differently sized.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you can run them without the "dry gasket". Just make sure you hang the dryside to assure it doesn't slip down.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back