Spaghetti like algae

Transparent24

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi can someone ID this algae please and let me know what eats it. It grew in conjunction with bryopsis butI am going to get reef flux for the bryopsis soon. This algae though is almost like chaeto but definitely not chaeto as I have a small refugium with chaeto and it’s not the same. If I look really close it’s a bunch of small balls connected to one another to create a “string”
image.jpg
 
It does look a lot like dying chaeto. Is it fast growing?
 
It does look a lot like dying chaeto. Is it fast growing?
Not very fast growing. Definitely not as fast as bryopsis. I don’t think it’s dying chaeto because it’s the way it was when I first saw it and it’s just growing longer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new