Spaghetti Worms and Acros

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryshark
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2011
Messages
6,399
Reaction score
7,301
Location
SoCal
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anybody have these large spaghetti worms that come out of a tube and have tentacles that can reach almost a foot? If so, do/can they hurt acro frags?

6FB9DC84-E155-407A-97D3-3EFA274EA81B.jpeg
 
They are harmless and feed on detrious and uneaten food
 
Perfect thanks. I have a new frag I want to move up which will put it in Striking distance of that thing.
You can also move/remove them to the sump
 
That sounds/looks like something different than I've always considered "spaghetti worms". I always thought they were sandbed worms, no hard-shell tube, light orange with hair-thin feeders that they spread across the sand. Terrebellidae?

This looks more aggressive than them - not that I'm questioning that what's in your photo is a detritus eater.
 
That sounds/looks like something different than I've always considered "spaghetti worms". I always thought they were sandbed worms, no hard-shell tube, light orange with hair-thin feeders that they spread across the sand. Terrebellidae?

This looks more aggressive than them - not that I'm questioning that what's in your photo is a detritus eater.
They come in various forms and his have the characteristics although pic gets fuzzy as I try to expand it

CC3F9C20-FCEE-4145-953D-1139249A9C53.jpeg
BAFE0D3D-2BA2-4228-BDB8-BF4697728AE2.jpeg
 
That sounds/looks like something different than I've always considered "spaghetti worms". I always thought they were sandbed worms, no hard-shell tube, light orange with hair-thin feeders that they spread across the sand. Terrebellidae?

This looks more aggressive than them - not that I'm questioning that what's in your photo is a detritus eater.

Yea I had those in large matted clusters in one tank all over the sand and in some rocks. They really irritated the zoas but I didn’t have any acros in the tank. I would think a decent amount of them would irritate any delicate acropora.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new