Spanish shawl nudibranch?

FishtheShark

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2024
Messages
21
Reaction score
5
Location
East Central
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this little guy roaming on my zoa rock just now. Thought it was a bristle worm at first but after it moved into the light, it appeared to be a nudibranch of sorts. Can anyone confirm?

IMG_3577.jpeg IMG_3576.jpeg
 
Looks like a Zoanthid eating Nudibranch. Add any new Zoanthids recently.
 
Looks like a Zoanthid eating Nudibranch. Add any new Zoanthids recently.
Yea did just add one. Did a little more digging since the Spanish shawl nudi is from cold water which wouldn’t make sense. Saw is crawling around my zoas yesterday and sucked it right up. I hope it finds happiness in my septic tank
 
Yea did just add one. Did a little more digging since the Spanish shawl nudi is from cold water which wouldn’t make sense. Saw is crawling around my zoas yesterday and sucked it right up. I hope it finds happiness in my septic tank
I recently got to see a massive spanish shawl in some kelp while kayak fishing. Their range extends as far south as Ecuador, so quite a variance in water temps from SLO County where I encountered one. Kind of interesting, I am unaware of any other nudis that look like that.

I looked into their diets because I was going to keep one if I ever saw one again, however they only eat hydroids. Wouldn't have lasted long in your tank if somehow it was a spanish shawl.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new