Spawning pocillipora

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pete H.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pete H.

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
104
Reaction score
1
Location
Des Moines
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I am assuming I have a spawning pocillipora in my tank. There are dozens of little spots growing all over the tank all around the rock. I am beginning to get concerned because there are a couple spots that have grown better and zapping more sensitive sps. Do I need to be worried about this taking the take over? Anyone else have experience with this?
 
Yep. It can spread all over. I've only had 1 little spot pop up in my tank but there was a thread recently someone had it all over. I'll see if I can find the thread. It can become a nuisance coral.
 
Yes you should be concerned.

It's actually more of a Polyp Bailout, a means for asexual reproduction for Pocillopora. Remove the mother colony and use kalk paste on the others.
 
Does it mean my tank parameters are stressing the coral? Or mean a healthy tank with an aggressive coral?
 
No, as long as your chemistry is in line.

World domination is next! It's just what they do.
 
Kalk paste doesn't always kill mine off. I'm about to just putty over the strays I can't totally clip away.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new