Spec v nano 5 gallon set up and pointers

Nick Mazzone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup this tank. Has 1 maroon and 1 Wyoming white, yes there getting along. Couple questions.... I added the recommended amount of fusion 1 and 2 and trace elements. How often should i add fusion 1 and 2? How do i grow more coraline? I have a quad t5 fixture coming in the mail as well as a zoa and a small Bubble tip anemone. What other corals could i add with this light? 2 10k bulbs and 2 actinic.... Give me some pointers!... I plan on getting rid of the maroon and getting a oscellaris clown for them 2 pair or another Wyoming white. Heres some pics

OP
OP
N

Nick Mazzone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pics

IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0920.PNG

IMG_0921.PNG

OP
OP
N

Nick Mazzone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weekly 1 gallon water changes test parameters every other day nitrate 0 ammoina 0 nitrite 0. Clean filter weekly. How often should i dose fusion 1 and 2.

finnq86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you don't need fusion 1 or 2 because of such a small tank, water changes alone will bring calcium, alkalinity, and other parameters to where they need to be

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you don't need fusion 1 or 2 because of such a small tank, water changes alone will bring calcium, alkalinity, and other parameters to where they need to be
Often that is the case but sometimes water changes can't bring up parameters. If you know you are going to miss a few W/Cs, an additive can come in handy.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't give you any input on that specific light, but I have bought from that seller before and it was a very pleasant transaction!

ALN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a spec v also and I really think w/c is key to such a small tank. I understand dosing helps but with two fish in there (like me) bio load gets pretty heavy.

Rpujol85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plenty of us have run smaller tanks on WC's only.

With no coral in the tank dosing is completely unnecessary.

Not sure what "Fusion 1 and 2" actually are, guessing a 2-part solution? Either way, once you get loaded up with stonies then you might consider dosing 2-part or kalkwasser.

You can realistically do a 100% WC. WC's in such a small tank ALWAYS get your parameters in check.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back