Special Event! Cherry Corals ACROPALOOZA! 12-28-12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got our 32 pound box today!! I also had to move a lizard tank, replace 10 bulbs over my 200 and rearrange our living room. So, while I took "unpacking photos," I haven't taken any others. Tomorrow, if I have time after Angie's ToDo List, I'll get a bunch of pictures taken and posted! We got lots of amazing looking corals! One thing that's always impressed me, about Cherry Corals...as amazing as their photos are, when we go to their website, to look at the corals we are unpacking, our corals look identical to their photos! Their photos are very accurate representations of what you receive!

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got our 32 pound box today!! I also had to move a lizard tank, replace 10 bulbs over my 200 and rearrange our living room. So, while I took "unpacking photos," I haven't taken any others. Tomorrow, if I have time after Angie's ToDo List, I'll get a bunch of pictures taken and posted! We got lots of amazing looking corals! One thing that's always impressed me, about Cherry Corals...as amazing as their photos are, when we go to their website, to look at the corals we are unpacking, our corals look identical to their photos! Their photos are very accurate representations of what you receive!

32 POUNDS?!? Wow! Awesome!

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing order that came in today! Got my darth maul favia, candlelight shroom, and plutonium fields. :)

Just curious, what's the plutonium fields? I thought it was a mill at first and it's clearly not.

.Marshall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up my cherry box this morning, everything is going great!

Hellboy, Pokerstar, and sunset monti all colored up already!

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was a milli when I purchased it at the wholesaler but I agree its something different. We have it in a spot that gets about 275-300 par and its loving it.

I love the pink tips on the colony shot, how does one get those tips? Mine doesn't have any sign of it. :(
Acroupdate158.jpg

OP
OP
Acro76

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the pink tips on the colony shot, how does one get those tips? Mine doesn't have any sign of it. :(

That's a good question... Those pink tips disappeared about a week after fragging them. I haven't really experimented with higher flow or light on it, its possible that could bring those colors back. My best guess is that this is Acropora spicifera or Acropora seriata

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your experiance, how much light do these guys like?

Green Mamba
ORA Purple Stylo
Blue Fuzz
Sunset Monti

BTW. I have two AI sol super blues over my tank. (3' 57g) 10" above water line. Around 34% intensity.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just curious if you sent out the gift cards from the contests. I'm looking to order some things and wanted to wait until I received it.
Thanks
-Kevin

Last edited:

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just curious if you sent out the gift cards from the contests. I'm looking to order some things and wanted to wait until I received it.
Thanks
-Kevin

I did send out the GC's, in fact most are used already LOL. I will check Monday to see if I missed you.

OP
OP
Acro76

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your experiance, how much light do these guys like?

Green Mamba
ORA Purple Stylo
Blue Fuzz
Sunset Monti

BTW. I have two AI sol super blues over my tank. (3' 57g) 10" above water line. Around 34% intensity.

Green mamba and blue fuzz will take fairly high light. I have them under 250-300 par. Sunset likes the lowest, about 150-100, so bottom of the tank most likely.

The ora purple stylo likes moderate light, middle of the tank should keep the color looking great.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back