Spectrapure RO/DI stopped working

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a SpectraPure MaxCap UHE 100 GPD RO/DI System for my water and it has worked perfectly for over a year, I changed the filters not too long ago except the membrane as it is supposed to last 3 years. there is plenty of water pressure and i removed the first filter to make sure it refilled and it did so water is flowing...I was out of town and when i got back it seemed to decide to not work so i have 2 questions:

1. the pump is not turning on so can i bypass it so i can at least get RO until it is fixed?

2. anyone have an idea what is wrong ? i checked the website and any online data i could find and nothing seemed to help as most problems have to do with filters clogged or replacement and that is not it.

just4plaay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a SpectraPure MaxCap UHE 100 GPD RO/DI System for my water and it has worked perfectly for over a year, I changed the filters not too long ago except the membrane as it is supposed to last 3 years. there is plenty of water pressure and i removed the first filter to make sure it refilled and it did so water is flowing...I was out of town and when i got back it seemed to decide to not work so i have 2 questions:

1. the pump is not turning on so can i bypass it so i can at least get RO until it is fixed?

2. anyone have an idea what is wrong ? i checked the website and any online data i could find and nothing seemed to help as most problems have to do with filters clogged or replacement and that is not it.
The pump should be a booster pump, only needed if you have low water pressure. Bypass it and you should be fine. Keep in mind you will probably have more waste water without the pump than you did with the pump.

OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, i removed the first solenoid as after review i noticed there was no flow after it. however, the pump still does not go on so not sure what that means but at least it is making water. it does sound like it is wasting alot of water but that is ok until i find out the problem

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 150 75.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back