Spent my gift card to AC

palvyre

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My folks gave me a $150 gift card to AC. Bought the last fish for my tank. A flame angel. Also picked up several Astrae Snails and a piece of LR with 7-8 red mushrooms on it.

OP
OP
palvyre

palvyre

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking at the flame angel for months. My yellow tail damsels are harassing him though. The flame angel roughed up one of them. Maybe he'll keep them in check, they can be real bullies.

Scottdl99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why I stay away from those devil damsels.....pure evil!

OP
OP
palvyre

palvyre

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame Angel doing really well. I lucked out on his feeding habits. He eats everything I put in there, a real piglet. My CBB still only eats live clam.

OP
OP
palvyre

palvyre

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame angel has gill flukes. AC folks gave me some Prazipro for free. Very nice of them. The stuff is supposedly reef safe, but it immediately tore up my Xenia and Red Mushrooms. I moved them out to my 10 gallon in my office.

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe some of my fish have flukes as well. I have recently bought a few fish and haven't been quarantining them them like I should. I have been reading up on prazipro and will probably get some tomorrow and give it a try.

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I trapped my copperbanded butterflyfish and FW dipped him. 25-30 big worms came off of him. It is weird how the are almost invisible until they start falling off.

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update. I did the two treatments and the fish look much better. I only have one coral that reacted negatively to the treatment and it was a weird green goniopora that I have had for a few years. It closed up but it is finally starting to come back out.

I have noticed a lot of fish that look like they have flatworms at fish stores recently. I don't know if the suppliers have an outbreak or what but they seem a lot more common lately.

OP
OP
palvyre

palvyre

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish all appear healthy now. I did my last water change yesterday and moved my Xenia and Red Mushrooms back this morning. All looks good.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update. I did the two treatments and the fish look much better. I only have one coral that reacted negatively to the treatment and it was a weird green goniopora that I have had for a few years. It closed up but it is finally starting to come back out.

I have noticed a lot of fish that look like they have flatworms at fish stores recently. I don't know if the suppliers have an outbreak or what but they seem a lot more common lately.

It seems the whole supply chain is effected by many different bugs and worms and who knows what, It's a crap shoot buying from anywhere that does not quarintine their livestock before selling. JMO
Bill

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back