Spionid Worm

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottyD36
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScottyD36

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2020
Messages
578
Reaction score
259
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Spionid worms in my tank. I know for the most part they are harmless but they are starting to get out of control. I know most people suggest glue them and they die off. I have been gluing them for the most part when they are on my rock but i have a bunch in my sand bed and other various places and even some seem to escape me gluing them down. Is their a natural predator I can introduce into my tank to eradicate them. Thanks for any help Pic is example of problem I am having in my tank.

ver.jpg
 
Bumblebee snails. 4-5 will do the job.
Will bumblebee snails attach anything else in the tank. I have feather duster and spaghetti worms in my tank as well.
 
Tank size? over 50g melanurus wrasse can help you. Under 50, I would say a 6 line. But .... I don't want too.
 
Spionids usually mean no harm… and does not become a real pest…

Engina / Bublebee are good vermetid snail predators, but I’m not so sure about spionids.

For feather dusters Chelmon rostratus / Copperbands are great predators, but not 100% reef safe, specially for LPS.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new