Unidentifiable creature, worm maybe?

ss_alpena

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Reisterstown
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m completely at a loss as to what this thing is. My best guess is some sort of worm. It seems to be sessile, and it extends this long, singular, stringy thing with hairs that remind me of a sundew. The base does seem to be soft as it sways a little with the, uh, appendage. Right now there’s about 4 of them in my tank. I assume it’s a harmless filter feeder? They grow either on the rocks or sand.



IMG_4285.jpeg

IMG_4271.jpeg
 
I’m completely at a loss as to what this thing is. My best guess is some sort of worm. It seems to be sessile, and it extends this long, singular, stringy thing with hairs that remind me of a sundew. The base does seem to be soft as it sways a little with the, uh, appendage. Right now there’s about 4 of them in my tank. I assume it’s a harmless filter feeder? They grow either on the rocks or sand.



IMG_4285.jpeg

IMG_4271.jpeg
Looks like a hydroid.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new