Spionid worms?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
5,397
Reaction score
9,946
Location
Clarksville, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been researching all morning and think I've identified these as spionid worms...correct me if I'm wrong.

They are all over the base of a hammer coral I have in my coral quarantine tank. I know spionid worms are harmless and good in a tank, but are there any problems having this many surrounding the base of the coral?

Zoom in on the pics and you can see the 2 tiny "threads" sticking out of each tube.

20180204_130924.jpg

20180204_091037.jpg
 
Yup. Spinoid.

I personally haven’t had issues with them and corals.
 
Wow never seen them that thick before! If they do appear to be causing the coral to close up u could epoxy over them.
 
Wow never seen them that thick before! If they do appear to be causing the coral to close up u could epoxy over them.

Well, the hammer hasn't opened any more than in the picture since I got it a few weeks ago. The LFS salesman said that's about as much as this type extends.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new