Splendid Dotty Back!!! Awesome fish

Blufgan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a Splendid Dotty Back this past weekend along with a Tri color Hawian Cleaner Wrasse. I got both for a great price I was a little worried about the Dotty back going after my ornamental shrimp so far so good. The tri color is doing great I'vedone some research and the Hawaian Wrasses have a better survival rate then the standard ones. Thanks to the guys at Coral Corral in Tampa FL. Will post some pics soon

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, good luck with the new additions!!!! Splendid dottybacks are gorgeous. They are a gamble with shrimp. Mine decided to go psycho on my shrimp after I had the dottyback for a year. Now, the dottyback dictates what can go in my tank. How can something so small be so vicious?

OP
OP
Blufgan

Blufgan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, good luck with the new additions!!!! Splendid dottybacks are gorgeous. They are a gamble with shrimp. Mine decided to go psycho on my shrimp after I had the dottyback for a year. Now, the dottyback dictates what can go in my tank. How can something so small be so vicious?

Thanks Seahorsekeeper!!!! Yeah I took in consideration that Splendids tend to be shrimp hunters but I figured with the volume of my tank I've got a fighting chance. I myself can't understand how something so small and beautiful can be a minature aquatic pitbull lol.

OP
OP
Blufgan

Blufgan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also one more question. What would be a good seahorse to start out with and would a biocube 14 be aok place to keep them in ? I was planning on planting some mangroves and some other plants to play in what do you think?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%

Back