Split the tank!

Linehand83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So kind of have a curious nature of thought and Google has failed me. I have a 75 gallon RR Aquenon tank. On my left / I have Zoe’s toadstools, Kenya Trees, Georgiana, trumpet , handful of other softies/ lps.
Right side basically by not ****. Lol. I have 2- hydra 32’s running about 9 hrs a day. I adjusted the time since screen shot. To the brass tacks of my question, I have a shot at some really nice SPS stuff. Since the right side of the tank is bare, could I get away with increasing my right side light to accommodate. I have a 180 in workings just not set up yet. I.e not here yet. Lighting will be or6 plus 3-32’s. All my parameters are within normal keeping the one thing I do battle is PH but I’ve looked into a kalwa system but not adding until 180. Set up.

So hit my with your thoughts I am an old school fish only. From late 90’s. Started back up a while back. Just kinda learn more as I go.

IMG_2899.png

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly, you can run a more intense lighting schedule on one of the fixtures to support higher light demand corals! Just also be sure to provide proper flow on that side as well.

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why you couldn't create stronger light on one side to accommodate SPS. There would be some spillover to the other side of the tank, probably more on the sand bed, based on the spread of the light, but corals there should adjust. Flow may be tougher. SPS want more flow than softies. You'll want a stronger powerhead on the SPS side, and based on how it is positioned may need to back flow off on the other side.

OP
OP
L

Linehand83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly, you can run a more intense lighting schedule on one of the fixtures to support higher light demand corals! Just also be sure to provide proper flow on that side as well.
I thoughts are to make a kinda rock wall or cove so I can add more flow to that side with out blowing the whole tank around.

OP
OP
L

Linehand83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you for thoughts. Seems like my thoughts are on track with a little common sense approach. I will keep my eyes open and plan for the adventure ahead as I planned.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%

Back