Sponge merged back together

  • Thread starter Thread starter Levinson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Levinson

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2020
Messages
696
Reaction score
456
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bit of my sponge that broke off and the broken bit was just moving about, being pushed by the water movement for several weeks. I just left it alone and it drifted next to the sponge that it broke off of. It remained on that spot for a few days and I realized two bits merged back together. I just thought it was interesting.
The longer branching bit with a spiky end on right branch of the Y shape is the bit that merged.
IMG_20240605_112217.jpg
 
I had a bit of my sponge that broke off and the broken bit was just moving about, being pushed by the water movement for several weeks. I just left it alone and it drifted next to the sponge that it broke off of. It remained on that spot for a few days and I realized two bits merged back together. I just thought it was interesting.
The longer branching bit with a spiky end on right branch of the Y shape is the bit that merged.
IMG_20240605_112217.jpg
Cool - reaggregation is a good sign of decent health for the sponge.
 
5 to 6 days to start regenerate
Some sponges can regenerate and some don’t if broken or taken on air and others are fine if torn .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new