Sponge or Tunicate? ID

hardesty_keeps_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! This is my first post, I decided to reach out and see if anyone can help my ID what is growing on the base of my torch?

It has been slowly getting larger for the last 6months or so, now I am noticing a little bit of color loss in the torch and I’m worried this could be the root issue?

The torch is situated on a live rock that has a plethora of hitchhikers good and bad, including some other varieties of sponges. Any and all input is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems to be a sponge, the sponge is growing because it is in the shade of the coral. They are harmless I’d look at light and parameters to find the cause of the lost of colour in the coral. Is your po4 low?

Peter Houde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! This is my first post, I decided to reach out and see if anyone can help my ID what is growing on the base of my torch?

It has been slowly getting larger for the last 6months or so, now I am noticing a little bit of color loss in the torch and I’m worried this could be the root issue?

The torch is situated on a live rock that has a plethora of hitchhikers good and bad, including some other varieties of sponges. Any and all input is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Tunicates, with certainty. Harmless. Think of them as (a very small) part of your CUC.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back